Old Today, 01:35 AM
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Mar 2006
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
According to the FAA FPV IS ended!

Thurmond
hmmm, I just read the ama got us 2 more months to comment on the issue, where did you read this? TIA
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:10 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
For advanced pilots ONLY. Do not try this at home, folks.

You've been warned.

Best,
Chris
I want this speed so bad, any progress with 4s on Armattan motors/esc guys, please keep us posted i'm chomping at the bit and that video just made me foam at the mouth worse than normal for a Saturday. Can't seem to find the drooling smilie
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Today, 06:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
328 Posts
Can anyone recommend some decent 3D props? I've got a bunch of the HQS flat blades but they are pretty crap to say the least. Flying them in a sporty fashion with no 3D results in hot motors and ESCs, they sound horrible in flight, don't sit on the prop adapters well and so vibrate, have no punch in either direction and the slightest tap on the floor breaks them. Best I can say about them is they're cheap!

So what else is out there?
chris jones is offline Find More Posts by chris jones
Old Today, 06:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonShole View Post
Hey Guys,

I could do with some settings too, I'm swapping out the Naze on my CNC TRI 355 and CF355 for KK2. Any suggestions on settings?

Thanks
You may need to reverse the rudder in mixer editor depending on what servo you are using.

Set all rudder trims and subtrims to 0%.

Mount the servo arm as close as you can to get a steady hover. Then in mixer editor, use the servo offset to trim the servo.

Go here: http://www.armattanquads.com/kk2-set-up-and-firmware

These settings will work. You may need to reduce PI on rudder a bit.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 06:36 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones View Post
Can anyone recommend some decent 3D props? I've got a bunch of the HQS flat blades but they are pretty crap to say the least. Flying them in a sporty fashion with no 3D results in hot motors and ESCs, they sound horrible in flight, don't sit on the prop adapters well and so vibrate, have no punch in either direction and the slightest tap on the floor breaks them. Best I can say about them is they're cheap!

What quad size do you have?
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Today, 06:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones View Post

The pitchpump ones are the only ones I was impressed by. Graupner quality but 20 euro for 4 plus postage is steep. Chip just one and your buying another 4 as they only sell in packs of 4. I've spent more on props for this qaud than the quad costs, its on it's 3rd lots of esc now, 2nd lots of motors and still no 4s workable, thus my constant interest. I was waiting for 4s to try the invertix ones as like you found the reduced lift is quite substantial but you can get them in the uk now. I have been promised without doubt that these are not hq props, have not been designed by hq and are not made in the same place or with the same compounds.
http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/ne...ertix-400.html

Only seen 8" props Rob

Edit (midland are out of stock already - you can get from US but I was told $36 postage for a dozen sets last I asked)
Old Today, 06:57 AM
Possessed
Australia, QLD, Mackay
Joined Aug 2013
141 Posts
Peregrine Falcon

Running on 3s

CF 258 Peregrine Falcon 3s 2200mah 7x3 props uncut (4 min 57 sec)
Bird of Prey is online now Find More Posts by Bird of Prey
Old Today, 07:12 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
Fabulous flying again, you have inspired me to try a 'suicide' with the 226 when I get home next week.

Great watching your vids.
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Today, 07:14 AM
Joined Jun 2014
113 Posts
wow, impressive. and the final landing was very stylish )
don't know if i'm more impressed by the falcon or by your pilot skills )))
luca biada is online now Find More Posts by luca biada
Old Today, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2009
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfly View Post
Agreed. In fact that's how I found Armattan. I was looking to buy a quad for acrobatics and tried to order a Flip. But neither he nor Whitespy got back to me. I posted in a thread and someone mentioned Armattan and I have purchased three in as many months. Very happy But that's also why I vote for "Armattan Acro" as a name for your FC board. The Armattan name has a reputation for quality and service. If I were new and searching for a board to try I would be much more likely to give one with the Armattan name a shot than mullet whatever. Not to mention, using your name will make it pop up that much more on Internet searches and drive more potential customers to the website and all the other great services you offer.
i agree 100%. if someone do a search in the internet for Armattan, it will come out with every thing Armattan. Frame, batteries, FC and else (I don't know what).
Always keep one name for everything.
pinguin is online now Find More Posts by pinguin
Old Today, 07:48 AM
Joined May 2009
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
Sample of the speed ( watch in HD )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Vf...ature=youtu.be
I use RCX 2208 1800kv motor on my Tri 355 with 10" prop on 3S, doesn't seem to have that power. it's a 289w motor.
Are T-motor and Lumeniere motor more efficient then RCX motor?
pinguin is online now Find More Posts by pinguin
Old Today, 07:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
I use RCX 2208 1800kv motor on my Tri 355 with 10" prop on 3S, doesn't seem to have that power. it's a 289w motor.
Are T-motor and Lumeniere motor more efficient then RCX motor?
They don't even have half that on 4s but they are less than a 3rd of the price.
Don't run them on 4s by the way

Anyone have the new Armattan 1900kv and kiss esc to try please?

I can't find any links to SimonK online that ain't photographers and no sensible address in my paypal history that makes me think him so anyone know how to contact him?
Old Today, 08:15 AM
Canada, AB, St. Paul
Joined Jun 2011
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
I can't find any links to SimonK online that ain't photographers and no sensible address in my paypal history that makes me think him so anyone know how to contact him?

Perhaps... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1948974 ??
RaiDar is online now Find More Posts by RaiDar
Old Today, 08:27 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Joined Aug 2013
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz-- View Post
Just do the standard tuning procedure;

Load RC911 or Steveis latest FW,

Start in acro mode.
Turn I down to 0,
Turn up P till you get a 1:1 stick response (no need to keep going up and up looking for oscillation imo).
Turn your I up till happy (some just put I at half of P).
Turn your stick scaling up to the rate you like (leave SS Thro alone unless you cant go straight up with WOT, if that is the case, start lowering SS thro till it does clime straight at WOT). Dont forget about Tx expo, set to your liking.

Switch to SL mode and adjust SL P gain to get good self level action, then adjust SL P Limit to your liking, the default of 20 is pretty slow roll rate (it's your ability to over ride the SL), I set mine to ~55 (go up in ~5 clicks at a time.)

The KK2 is pretty easy to tune for me, have done ~15. Only 1 for naze and I am not happy, I just re-flashed my naze and reset to start over, will see how it goes, good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
You may need to reverse the rudder in mixer editor depending on what servo you are using.

Set all rudder trims and subtrims to 0%.

Mount the servo arm as close as you can to get a steady hover. Then in mixer editor, use the servo offset to trim the servo.

Go here: http://www.armattanquads.com/kk2-set-up-and-firmware

These settings will work. You may need to reduce PI on rudder a bit.

Best,
Chris

Thanks, much appreciated.
DonShole is online now Find More Posts by DonShole