Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:33 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
Go figure, I just placed an order with Motion, should have added the landing gear to it. Never even crossed my mind.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 08:57 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
Just looks better airborne without fixed gear.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jul 07, 2014, 04:22 AM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
436 Posts
agreed, can't argue that.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Jul 07, 2014, 01:53 PM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
199 Posts
Ya on top of not looking good you lose about 15mph due to drag, but i fly alone sometimes and taking off is the only option, What i might try is install a Gyro and handlaunch it and hope my hand makes it to the TX on time
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2014, 02:17 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
3,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthadlee53 View Post
That's why I underhand toss mine now but I have also moved up to Meteor and Viper Jet Hope you have better luck on the next one.
imo , any of these shaped like this one are much easier to lunch underhand, much lest likly to twist the wrist. just be sure to hold in front of the cg.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Jul 08, 2014, 08:14 AM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jan 2011
668 Posts
FYI, guys, mine is the basic 3s. I fly off a rubber-like mat at a flying club. Because I just suck at hand launching, mine takes off just scooting on the ground! I got the idea from watching Mike do it on Motion RC's demo. I'm certain it would not do that on grass, tho.
6Sally5 is online now Find More Posts by 6Sally5
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:04 AM
United States, SC, Hilton Head Island
Joined Jan 2013
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Sally5 View Post
FYI, guys, mine is the basic 3s. I fly off a rubber-like mat at a flying club. Because I just suck at hand launching, mine takes off just scooting on the ground! I got the idea from watching Mike do it on Motion RC's demo. I'm certain it would not do that on grass, tho.
Put your two fingers in the holes provided and throw slightly upward. You won't screw it up. If you try to throw from the body behind the wings , it will eventually bite you. Throw it firmly and if it does twist alittle, it's irrelevant because it's headed into the sky upwards. I have hundreds of hand launches with no issues with this method.
bulldog2012 is offline Find More Posts by bulldog2012
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:36 AM
United States, SC, Hilton Head Island
Joined Jan 2013
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog2012 View Post
Put your two fingers in the holes provided and throw slightly upward. You won't screw it up. If you try to throw from the body behind the wings , it will eventually bite you. Throw it firmly and if it does twist alittle, it's irrelevant because it's headed into the sky upwards. I have hundreds of hand launches with no issues with this method.
Also 3s has less thrust than 4s so it won't take off or get on step as fast on 3s.
bulldog2012 is offline Find More Posts by bulldog2012
Old Jul 09, 2014, 12:37 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,752 Posts
Just bungee it!...
NCRealEstateGuy is online now Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:13 PM
RC 4 Life
Fort Worth, TX USA
Joined Feb 2001
4,519 Posts
The problem with bungees is traffic.
If you are alone at the field its great but when the rest shows up your launch system fowls the runway or grass strip.

I can hand launch worth a flip either so I added one wheel where the stock bump is located.
Works great and acts like a tail dragger to keep it on the center line.
sparks is offline Find More Posts by sparks
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:09 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,752 Posts
We don't bungee on the runway. We go off to either side, depending on the wind. We have had 3 bungees going, all slinging Stingers at the same time! All about 10 feet apart from one another. Cool sight.
Your wheel mod is pretty cool though.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 08:39 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
We don't bungee on the runway. We go off to either side, depending on the wind. We have had 3 bungees going, all slinging Stingers at the same time! All about 10 feet apart from one another. Cool sight.
Your wheel mod is pretty cool though.
I fly at Waymer, Evan told me about the Bungee launchers. still haven't got to see you guys use them. got a pic ?
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:11 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,752 Posts
KC, no I do not have pics. I will try to video the next mass bungee launch. Evan and I and Terry will be doing some Pylon racing tomorrow.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:46 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,543 Posts
Tomorrow we fly Stingers!
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D