New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2015, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by freddy_fo
United States, UT, Richfield
Joined Sep 2014
421 Posts
I have completed assembly of my skybolt and just about have the OS 91 surpass tuned. I live/fly at about 5400 ft ASL so I am using a top-flite 15x6 prop. Max rpm before dialing back HSN is about 8400.

I did install a sullivan ignitor and can get the motor to idle at about 2300 rpm. I do notice though that the plane wants to move at that speed. Do I have to live with that or have others been able to get the rpm lower so it sits still when idling?
freddy_fo is online now Find More Posts by freddy_fo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by erie_flyer
Life is a Hobby
Canada, ON, Delhi
Joined Aug 2012
1,229 Posts
I have used an OS .91 FS in many planes with McDaniel ignition and it idles well below 2300. Is the .91 brand new?

Sometimes a fuel engine has to be run a bit before the idle slows down. Certainly true of gasser engines.

Bill
erie_flyer is offline Find More Posts by erie_flyer
Old Jul 29, 2015, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by freddy_fo
United States, UT, Richfield
Joined Sep 2014
421 Posts
I'm not sure about the condition of the engine. I bought it with a box full of engines at a yard sale but if not new it was taken care of well. I haven't finished tuning and will attempt to get it lower when I have time. I've run about 3/4 of a gallon of fuel just tuning since I've had it.
freddy_fo is online now Find More Posts by freddy_fo