New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 10, 2015, 06:35 PM
dalecheek1 is online now
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryang22 View Post
Nice video
Thanks....
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2015, 07:34 PM
Torch8 is online now
Find More Posts by Torch8
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,359 Posts
Looking for sports and Some slow speed flying. Must handle strong winds. Debating umx yak 54 or Sbach. I flying 1s umx T28 and p51. This will my first 2s sports plane.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 07:45 PM
bhoov128 is online now
Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
11,997 Posts
Yaks your best bet. Sbach is a bit too quick, yak will fly slower and still has an amazing flight envelope.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 07:52 PM
Torch8 is online now
Find More Posts by Torch8
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Yaks your best bet. Sbach is a bit too quick, yak will fly slower and still has an amazing flight envelope.
I know sbach cuts through wind better but yak holds it own in windy conditions? Ok sbach is out. Can you help me compared yak vs umx Pitts? I know is comparing sports/3d vs scale but I like both probably settle for one.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Last edited by Torch8; Aug 24, 2015 at 08:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:06 PM
SilentPilot is offline
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
5,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Looking for sports and Some slow speed flying. Must handle strong winds. Debating umx yak 54 or Sbach. I flying 1s umx T28 and p51. This will my first 2s sports plane.
Have you thought about the UMX Stryker?
(if you can find one!)
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phase 6 sport
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:21 PM
bhoov128 is online now
Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
11,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
I know sbach cuts through wind better but yak holds it own in windy conditions? Ok sbach is out. Can you help me compared yak vs umx Pitts? I know is comparing sports/3d vs scale but I like both probably settle for one.
Well if you're adding the Pitts into the mix, I'll go with that all day long. Probably, it isn't quite as slow as the Yak, but it flies the best of the bunch with a really good bag of tricks, both slow and fast. It has lots of drag and lots of thrust, speed won't be an issue. It'll let you know it's about to stall by wagging its wings so that's a good visual cue. It's got the best wheels for landing of a UMX plane. Easily seen in the air.... not too many downsides to the Pitts!
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:25 PM
turboparker is offline
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,027 Posts
If we're talking bipes, don't leave out the Beast 3D. Impeccable flier, uncoupled flight-behavior, unlimited aerobatics, great sport-flier (just dial-up some expo to mellow things out around center-stick), slows to a crawl on approach - and it laughs at winds that ground most large-scale glow & gas-powered planes!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 09:51 PM
Torch8 is online now
Find More Posts by Torch8
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Well if you're adding the Pitts into the mix, I'll go with that all day long. Probably, it isn't quite as slow as the Yak, but it flies the best of the bunch with a really good bag of tricks, both slow and fast. It has lots of drag and lots of thrust, speed won't be an issue. It'll let you know it's about to stall by wagging its wings so that's a good visual cue. It's got the best wheels for landing of a UMX plane. Easily seen in the air.... not too many downsides to the Pitts!
Thanks Bhoov128.. This helps me a lot.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 09:53 PM
Torch8 is online now
Find More Posts by Torch8
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
If we're talking bipes, don't leave out the Beast 3D. Impeccable flier, uncoupled flight-behavior, unlimited aerobatics, great sport-flier (just dial-up some expo to mellow things out around center-stick), slows to a crawl on approach - and it laughs at winds that ground most large-scale glow & gas-powered planes!

Joel
Thanks Joel I look at beast and wings repairs on it scare me away.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:00 PM
Torch8 is online now
Find More Posts by Torch8
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,359 Posts
[QUOTE=SilentPilot;32511229]Have you thought about the UMX Stryker?
(if you can find one!)[/QU

it they bring it back into production I would consider one.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 08:53 PM
shepflyr is offline
Find More Posts by shepflyr
Registered User
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
1,016 Posts
My impression is that the UMX Stryker was discontinued 'cause too many young pilots were getting their fingers cut by the prop. It's just too potentially hazardous unless launched VERY carefully. So I don't think they will bring it back.

Thought about trying to get the park flyer size Stryker, but got the new Ultimate 2 Bipe instead.

Except for flying REALLY fast, I can do most everything the Stryker can do with my Lil Yak...and more!

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:09 PM
turboparker is offline
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,027 Posts
And if you slap a 5043 on your Yak, you can also fly pretty fast on a stout pack. In fact, the 3000Kv/5043 combo is as fast on 2s as the 2300Kv/5043 combo is on 3s. It's a serious current-hog, though - as one would expect. This flight was with a fresh 2s Hyp 240 BabbelBatt. It's quite a bit faster on a 2s TP 325 70C.

Check out the roll-rate during the WOT pass @ 2:45. I tried to estimate the rolls per second, but I can't count that fast!

E-flite UMX Yak - 5043 prop test (7 min 30 sec)


Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Last edited by turboparker; Aug 26, 2015 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:26 PM
bhoov128 is online now
Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
11,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr View Post
My impression is that the UMX Stryker was discontinued 'cause too many young pilots were getting their fingers cut by the prop. It's just too potentially hazardous unless launched VERY carefully. So I don't think they will bring it back.

Thought about trying to get the park flyer size Stryker, but got the new Ultimate 2 Bipe instead.

Except for flying REALLY fast, I can do most everything the Stryker can do with my Lil Yak...and more!

Tom
Hey Tom, how do you like the Ultimate˛?
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2015, 09:26 PM
shepflyr is offline
Find More Posts by shepflyr
Registered User
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Hey Tom, how do you like the Ultimate˛?

Ben,

I LOVE it!
Have put some flight reports on Chuck Seeker's Ultimate 2 thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2450392

I'm flying it alot like my Lil 3D Beastie...combination pattern aerobatics and 3D...just way bigger! And it feels like a much bigger plane than a park flyer, probably due to the AS3X. Harriers and hovers are very easy and fun. It's tame compared to this Lil Yak, in part because it's so much larger.

So far, I don't think it will take the wind that the 3D Beast and this Yak will take. But it's a great "something different" addition to my hangar.

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2015, 03:43 PM
ryang22 is offline
Find More Posts by ryang22
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
136 Posts
has any1 put this thing on floats?

i would like to try this.....any help appreciated...
ryang22 is offline Find More Posts by ryang22
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Horizon Hobby E-flite UMX Gee Bee R2 BNF With AS3X Technology Review Michael Heer Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Dec 06, 2014 03:45 PM
New Product E-flite UMX MiG 15 Ducted Fan Jet with AS3X Bowerz Micro Ready-to-Fly 139 Nov 03, 2014 04:46 PM
Sold E-Flite UMX Sbach 342 3D (AS3X) with spares kellymacdaddio Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 26, 2013 10:36 PM
New Product E-Flite UMX Mig 15 EDF with AS3X Diesel6401 Foamy EDFs 5 Jan 17, 2012 01:36 PM
New Product E-Flite UMX Mig 15 with AS3X! Bowerz Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 4 Jan 16, 2012 07:02 PM