Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Jul 18, 2016, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by cali_drone
Joined Jun 2016
250 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone chased anyone with an Inspire 1 or Phantom

I am thinking of bringing my Inspire 1 or P4 along with me when I go to film my buddies downhill skating.

The thing is I need to get really close to capture a real sense of speed.

Which one do you think would be better for chasing a skater?

Inspire has dual operator so I can have more complex shots, but the P4 is much lighter and slightly more nimble.

Any ideas?

For anyone wondering the skating will look like this (albeit much slower).

Arbor Skateboards :: James Kelly - Burn It Down (3 min 46 sec)
cali_drone is offline Find More Posts by cali_drone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2016, 07:12 PM
Find More Posts by isofly
Joined Jun 2016
440 Posts
First off, you're nuts if you're skating this fast without more protection. The Inspire is a bit faster and you can throw the X5 on there if you have one but the P4 is much easier to transport and lug around. Really depends how what quality of video you're going for but the Phantom 4 still shoots in 4K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_drone View Post
I am thinking of bringing my Inspire 1 or P4 along with me when I go to film my buddies downhill skating.

The thing is I need to get really close to capture a real sense of speed.

Which one do you think would be better for chasing a skater?

Inspire has dual operator so I can have more complex shots, but the P4 is much lighter and slightly more nimble.

Any ideas?

For anyone wondering the skating will look like this (albeit much slower).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXky6HoVyiU
isofly is offline Find More Posts by isofly
Old Jul 18, 2016, 07:15 PM
Joined Jun 2016
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isofly View Post
First off, you're nuts if you're skating this fast without more protection. The Inspire is a bit faster and you can throw the X5 on there if you have one but the P4 is much easier to transport and lug around. Really depends how what quality of video you're going for but the Phantom 4 still shoots in 4K!
Don't need super high quality footage. It would be cut with GoPro footage.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by mx42689
Joined May 2016
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_drone View Post
Don't need super high quality footage. It would be cut with GoPro footage.
P4 can prob keep up fine. Inspire definitely can and the dual operator would be great for keeping the frame in subject. Active Track would also be great for keeping the subject in your shot but you have a little less control.
mx42689 is offline Find More Posts by mx42689
Old Jul 18, 2016, 07:25 PM
Joined Jun 2016
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx42689 View Post
P4 can prob keep up fine. Inspire definitely can and the dual operator would be great for keeping the frame in subject. Active Track would also be great for keeping the subject in your shot but you have a little less control.
Maybe active track would be better than dual pilot simply for the fact that I wouldn't need a third person in my car.