New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by dec0y13
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Sep 2008
86 Posts
Help!
XJT module and DIY RX-F802

I may be doing to many new things at once.
I got an XJT module for my FrSky 9X radio (my radio has the Smartieparts Extreme board in it)

I'm trying to bind it to a RX-F802 receiver (ordered from Banggood)

I'm running stock frimware on the receiver, but hope to flash it once my gear arrives.

I thought I could bind it without flashing though?

I press the bind button on the XJT module and it beeps and flashes fine.

I get a solid Green light on the receiver when i attempt using the bind plug, and a Blinking green light without it.

(I understand blinking means unbound)

I've worked through a lot of the DIY flash forum, but I cant seem to find anyone using my setup.

So, HELP PLEASE

Where should my dip switches be in the XJT module?

Am I missing something in my radio settings? (Very likely)

Should I be doing something different? I'm not sure I'm ever getting the receiver in bind mode.

Do I have to Flash BEFORE it will bind?

**Banggood mentions D8 mode. I'm not sure what that means. (Compatible with X9D(D8 mode)/XJT (D8 mode)/DJI/DFT/DHT)

(Next, I wanna get it in PPM...I'm almost afraid)
dec0y13 is offline Find More Posts by dec0y13
Last edited by dec0y13; Jun 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2016, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by dec0y13
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Sep 2008
86 Posts
I found it may be the Settings im my radio. With the XJT Module you need to set the protocalls correctly. I'm om PPM now but (according to the handbook) I need to set it up as "Pxx"

I'll test ti out when I get home.
dec0y13 is offline Find More Posts by dec0y13