New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by CF105
Joined Dec 2010
1,991 Posts
Horizon Hobby Electric Warbirds for 2016

Well, only one month left in 2015. Where did the year go?? Someone mentioned there should be one more release announced this year, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Time to start dreaming about 2016 and what wonders await us.

HH has been through some changes over the last year. PZ is fading away. Seagull is hooked up with Sig. New foam planes in the E-Flite line are being produced by FMS. A new line from Germany has been added. We have a new, 2S powered micro warbird - hopefully the first of a new (and successful) wave. Some old favourites from PZ have been rejuvenated with AS3X and/or flaps & landing gear and added to the E-Flite line.

So what's in store for 2016?

In the foamy line, I would not be surprised to see another one or two PZ favs reborn. The P-47 seems like an easy guess. Possibly the Spitfire as well. The FW-190 was a great plane, but its Axis heritage makes it less likely. And much as I wish otherwise, the Wildcat seems a very long shot as well. HH if you're reading this, please feel free to prove me wrong!

2015 saw our first, big warbird: the carbon-z Trojan. If it's doing well, perhaps we'll see another such release. If so, I suspect it will be one of these three: Mustang, P-47 or Corsair. My money is on the Mustang.

Over in balsa land, all I have is wild speculation. From what I'd heard, Seagull was only one source for their wood planes. No idea how deeply the loss of Seagull impacts things. I have a feeling we may see few if any wooden warbirds in the .40 or smaller size. Foam has pretty much overrun that market I think. Pity, as I would like a couple of smaller, wood fighters. The larger .60 size could use a British plane. The P-51 in that size still uses mechanical retracts; that's due for an update. The B-25 was retired a year or two ago, leading no multi-engine warbird in the H9 line. I'd be all over a Mosquito if they did one!

That's all I got for now. Of course if they release a Wildcat in any form... I'm all over it!

Speculate away!
CF105 is online now Find More Posts by CF105
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by Chinthing
Earthbound misfit
United States, NC, Ronda
Joined Mar 2014
877 Posts
I may sound like a broken record from the 2015 thread, but I would love to see more biplane releases. I have both PZ bipes, (SE5a and Albatros), and now the FMS PT-17. I realize they are a bit more of a challenge, but worth it in my opinion.

You are correct about a Wildcat release....imagine a larger Cat with flaps and scale retracts...that would be a definite keeper.

And while I'm at it, I'll throw in a Fokker DR. 1 triplane.......
Chinthing is online now Find More Posts by Chinthing