HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 02:55 AM
Alberta
Joined Nov 2008
38 Posts
Discussion
3DHS - what is going on?

Hey guys,
What is going on with 3DHS? They have been out of stock on planes for what seems like a very long time now. It seems as if they are out of stock on just about everything.
I heard they were under new ownership. Can anyone clarify what is happening??

Thanks
krar is offline Find More Posts by krar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:46 AM
Team Harrier
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Mar 2013
75 Posts
I didn't hear anything and I was just at spookfest and 3dhs was there and the main sponserwas them
Benjamin Kies is offline Find More Posts by Benjamin Kies
Old Oct 19, 2014, 07:29 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
776 Posts
they sell a very nice product for a reasonable price, the supply of that product is slow.
ryane67 is offline Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:27 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krar View Post
Hey guys,
What is going on with 3DHS? They have been out of stock on planes for what seems like a very long time now. It seems as if they are out of stock on just about everything.
I heard they were under new ownership. Can anyone clarify what is happening??

Thanks
Depends on what your after? Some planes take awhile to get back in stock cause they sell fast. When new models are coming the other may be pushed out to bring in the new ones. The factory can only build so many at a time. This goes for all mfg's. I did see alot of planes in stock on the site and others out of stock. They'll be coming!

Cory
RC4x4 is online now Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:21 AM
United States, SC, Aiken
Joined Aug 2014
111 Posts
Joe Smith is gone......

Draw your own conclusions as the impact that may have.
xlr8tion is online now Find More Posts by xlr8tion
Old Oct 19, 2014, 04:07 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8tion View Post
yes. joe smith is gone, therefore planes are going to out of stock more. that makes sense.
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Oct 19, 2014, 04:48 PM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8tion View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but he was just a team pilot correct? Did he have anything to do with design? If not I see no reason for less business because a team pilot moved on.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Oct 19, 2014, 07:32 PM
Alberta
Joined Nov 2008
38 Posts
ok..Thanks guys I was just curious
krar is offline Find More Posts by krar
Old Oct 19, 2014, 07:47 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Didn't a container just come in with 60 Yaks and 108 Extra's? And from what I've read they are expecting another container in a couple months.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:32 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee View Post
Didn't a container just come in with 60 Yaks and 108 Extra's? And from what I've read they are expecting another container in a couple months.
yep and 41 edges, which sold out in about 2 weeks I'd saying they are doing quite well.
ryane67 is offline Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:32 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
yep and 41 edges, which sold out in about 2 weeks I'd saying they are doing quite well.
Being out of stock is part of the business, you can bring product over until a container gets filled and you can't fill a container until enough planes get built. If you think you want something and it's in stock you BUY it then.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Oct 20, 2014, 01:09 AM
United States, SC, Aiken
Joined Aug 2014
111 Posts
Supply chain mgmt.

When you are OOS... you still need to have cash on hand for Accounts Payable and past history over the years should have given them seasonak sales trends on size and model. I debated this ad infinitum over at another site about not stocking 80 per cent of your advertised inventory and got alot of blow back.

It's an empirical fact that no inventory= NO CASH FLOW. Losing your best team pilot does not help in any way. Especially a Joe Smith. Now all the Wharton and Kellogg MBA's will come in and spout theory that have never run a business they have owned but I will say that EF is doing much better at Stocking ARF's than 3DHS and you don't conflate "Flying fun" with the harsh reality of NO ACCOUNTS receivable when you have depleted 85 per cent of your inventory.

Yes it is a niche business but all business that die do so form AP exceeding AR.

Get some planes guys.......Not have anything much to order is not a sound biz strategy.

Just saying and I wish these guys the best as both EF and 3DHS are the best in the industry when it comes to quality affordable product.

BTW,,,,I have more inventory in the 3DHS 58" Edge 540 available than Noll or Esprit. Check it out in the classifieds if interested!
xlr8tion is online now Find More Posts by xlr8tion