5,721 Posts
Edited....
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2014, 05:45 AM
United States, IN, Winfield
Joined Jan 2007
14 Posts
Thanks guy for the information on packs. I will check them out and keep a open mind while I am searching.

Thanks and talk to you guys soon.

Jason
spookyeng is offline Find More Posts by spookyeng
Old Feb 27, 2014, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2007
14 Posts
Looks like the airplane will be here in Monday the 3rd. I will post some pictures when I get it. Talk to you guys soon.

Jason
Old Mar 03, 2014, 07:31 PM
Joined Jan 2007
14 Posts
Got the CARF Hawk in today and I am very happy with my choice and thanks to everybody's inputs. Everything arrived safe and sound, I have not gone though everything with a critical inspection, but quick inspection reveals no damage from what I can see!

It is a well thought out and put together airplane. Initial observations were how light all the components felt, especially the fuse and the wing. I will get actual weights of all items as I put it together. Seems like a perfect candidate for the EDF conversion. Another that I noticed and I will have to verify, is the wing looks like it has washout it in, which should help with the landing phase.

A quick picture from today. I will post a few more as I get time. I have to go back to work tomorrow for my four day turn so it will the weekend before I can get more posted.

Thanks and talk to you guys soon.

Jason
Old Mar 03, 2014, 09:19 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,230 Posts
great plane! looks nice.... look forward to your project
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Mar 24, 2014, 04:41 AM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,582 Posts
Any updates on your build?
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Mar 24, 2014, 08:26 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Any updates on your build?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=971483
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Mar 24, 2014, 09:06 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,230 Posts
wife must have seen the bill....lol
happens to the best of us
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Mar 24, 2014, 09:43 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
Bummer. Been there..though normally i get to do all the work building it before the wife ask met sell it lol
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:13 AM
Joined Jan 2007
14 Posts
Unfortunately, I have finally come to the realization that my time for the hobby is fairly limited or next to nothing at this time. I kept telling myself, I had the time, but reality has finally caught up !!

While I was in the military and not deployed, I had plenty of time in the evenings and on the weekends to build and fly and still get in time with the family. Now that I have retired from the Air Force and started my new career at ArcelorMittal, currently I am a Shift Manager at 7 Blast Furnace in Indiana Harbor, I have absolutely no time while I am on turn and when I am off I don't feel like being in the garage building or assembling anything and would rather spend time with the wife and enjoy my kids while they are still young!

Actually, my wife does not agree with my decision to step away from the hobby and thinks I will be buying another big airplane in six months. She also knew about this plane, so I did not have to hide it from her, thank God!!

I am sure I will get back into the hobby as some point in the near future and I plan on going to the flying field and some local events this year, but for now, at least for me, I will be going as a spectator. I am still going to keep a helicopter and one radio to keep flying something, but the big airplanes and other stuff I have is going to go on the market, I see no reason for it to sit here and do nothing for what could be a couple years. Plus it will let me put some money back into a bigger laser cutter, so when I do come back, I will be able to start designing my own parts again!

I do apologize to everybody for opening the thread and not finishing it up.