New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM
Find More Posts by nomomojo
United States, AL, Montgomery
Joined Feb 2014
63 Posts
Wanted to maiden and trim out before I locked things up. Added scoop and vent now. Got the ESC to respond, but now the motor sounds like a V8 Hemi with 2 cylinders down.
nomomojo is offline Find More Posts by nomomojo
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Joined Feb 2014
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomomojo View Post
Wanted to maiden and trim out before I locked things up. Added scoop and vent now. Got the ESC to respond, but now the motor sounds like a V8 Hemi with 2 cylinders down.
I had a motor/ESC combo bought together that sounded like that. I had to change the timing in the ESC by following directions using tones, and then it sounded correct.
GottaZoom is online now Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Joined Feb 2014
63 Posts
Thanks, GottaZoom. The Grayson Hobbies 30A I'm using has limited user program possibilities. I wish timing was one of them.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by jetset44
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,640 Posts
Hmmm, must be a defective ESC or motor. Hopefully Grayson will make it right. I've got a stock Grayson motor/ESC combo in my Polaris, and with the stock settings it's been running flawlessly for 7 years now. The only issue I had was overheating on a hot summer day, and adding an air scoop to my model solved that issue.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
Joined Feb 2014
63 Posts
Good to know jetset. I have now added a scoop and vent, and I suspect the ESC overheated. It is not acting right since. Switched out ESCs and motor runs fine now.I'll try some heat stress of flight to see if the custom vent from a plastic spoon Isaw a few pages ago works well enough. Thanks to the posters on this thread. There are so many good ideas out there.