Key Features
Durable Plastic Unibody body technology
ABS cowling make it much more durable
Quick, easy assembly, no glue required
Powerful brushless outrunner motor
2 in 1 function, 2pcs wings included
3-CH perfect for first flight pilot
4-CH for training you to be professional

The Trainstar Exchange is the trainer developed by VOLANTEX RC. We consider to design a trainer best for beginners, and can company with you from very beginner to be professional. So there it is. It have two pieces wings included in one airplane, 3CH and 4CH wings. If you are new in flying, you can choice the 3CH wing for plastic, after you learned how to fly, exchange to the 4CH wing to plastic aerobatic flight, and enjoy!

Thanks to the Plastic Unibody design and ABS cowling construction, the plane is extremely durable compare other airplane in the market. Requiring just minutes to assemble, you’ll appreciate how its quiet brushless power system delivers outstanding performance with long, enjoyable flights. After you’ve mastered the basics of flight, the Decathlon is capable of performing a complement of aerobatic maneuvers such as loops, rolls, and even inverted flight.

More information about Trainstar Exchange 3CH & 4CH two pieces wings included 2in 1,please visit:http://www.volantexrc.com/category/p...nstar-exchange
Our website:http://www.volantexrc.com/

Volantex RC is offline Find More Posts by Volantex RC
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2015, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by Kenwhite23
United States, IA, Council Bluffs
Joined Jun 2012
113 Posts
Bought one today from HobbyKing, Very Excited to get it!
Bought a small actioncam and the RC bomb dropper for it XD and with the Plastic Body i dont have to worry as much about fixing things haha thats why i chose it for a simple Cam Platform (soon to be FPV) Also taking the second wing and converting it to 4ch so i have two 4 ch wings! Great product you guys made!
Kenwhite23 is offline Find More Posts by Kenwhite23
Old Feb 13, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by Kenwhite23
United States, IA, Council Bluffs
Joined Jun 2012
113 Posts
Is it possible for you to direct me somewhere that i can purchase spare wings etc for the trainstar exchange. HK doesn't carry any
Kenwhite23 is offline Find More Posts by Kenwhite23
Old Apr 01, 2015, 02:06 PM
Find More Posts by yakky
Joined Mar 2015
10 Posts
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1427914120405.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 81.4 KB
Description:
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1427914140148.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 84.8 KB
Description:

I picked one of these guys up from hobby king. It was $88 + $15 for shipping. On the surface it doesn't look like a bad deal but I'm not sure if it is the best beginner plane. By the time you add a battery and receiver (nevermind charger) you are just $20 shy of a Hobbyzone Super Cub with Safe. I don't really have enough flight time with the Exchange but I'll be comparing it to my cub as soon as the weather improves here.

General thoughts:

Pros;
-Great price
-Brushless
-Two wings included
-Fuselage seems grenade proof

Cons:
-Chingrish instructions
-Missing rubber bands in my kit (the bands from the apprentice work well)
-Smallish wheels, replaced with Dubro 3" SLs as pictured
-Spinner/Prop seems very poorly balanced from the factory

Plans:
-More air time!
-Putting in a SAFE receiver from the Apprentice
-Getting a better spinner/motor shaft.
yakky is online now Find More Posts by yakky
Last edited by yakky; Apr 01, 2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by yakky
Joined Mar 2015
10 Posts
So I got some flight time in with both the Exchange and the Supercub. Without a doubt the Supercub is a much much slower flier. I can hand toss the Supercub and she's floating up within about 15 feet. It takes about 30 feet for the Exchange to start heading up on the 3-channel wing, and it has a whole lot more power. I'd estimate the Exchange flies about 30% faster at its slowest.

Overall, it is so much more fun to fly than the Supercub. It just feels effortless with both power and controls, in fact I recommend very conservative dual rates for a newbie. With full controls, this thing MOVES.

I ended up crashing it once already, pretty hard, I was flying it behind me, way way too low. Broke the motor shaft, prop and took a large chunk of the wing out where the rubber bands are. The fuselage too a direct hit after the prop broke and it held up extremely well. I should have taped the wings...oh well.
yakky is online now Find More Posts by yakky