SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
Old Apr 23, 2015, 06:24 PM
principe is online now
Find More Posts by principe
Registered User
Italy, Lombardy, Milan
Joined Sep 2014
24 Posts
hmmmm, not nice future around me.
did you replace the engine with the stock one or you made un upgrade?
i'll let u know how things go on, anyway.

Hugh
principe is online now Find More Posts by principe
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:59 AM
shastamike is offline
Find More Posts by shastamike
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,954 Posts
The "ggaak" I described in my post was on another plane. To me, it's the sound of a motor gone bad. Sorry.
I've never had trouble with the motor or ESC on this Inverza.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2015, 01:17 PM
bigsmitty is offline
Find More Posts by bigsmitty
Unscheduled Landing Specialist
bigsmitty's Avatar
United States, ME, Lebanon
Joined Feb 2014
185 Posts
Hey guys, question for ya. I am trying to get COG figured out. Manual says 77mm from the tip of "trailing" edge. Doing that, with the stock e-flite battery all the way forward, the plane still is way tail heavy. Am I doing something wrong? I see a maiden in my immediate future and I want to get it right. Thanks in advance,
Smitty
bigsmitty is offline Find More Posts by bigsmitty
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2015, 03:53 PM
kitetricks is offline
Find More Posts by kitetricks
Flying Object Crash Tester
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jun 2013
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
Hey guys, question for ya. I am trying to get COG figured out. Manual says 77mm from the tip of "trailing" edge. Doing that, with the stock e-flite battery all the way forward, the plane still is way tail heavy. Am I doing something wrong? I see a maiden in my immediate future and I want to get it right. Thanks in advance,
Smitty
I tend to balance mine with my fingers in front of aileron servos. It may not be perfect, but it is repeatable and pretty close. My 450mAh battery at the back of the battery compartment is good.
kitetricks is offline Find More Posts by kitetricks
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:21 PM
bigsmitty is offline
Find More Posts by bigsmitty
Unscheduled Landing Specialist
bigsmitty's Avatar
United States, ME, Lebanon
Joined Feb 2014
185 Posts
You're putting your battery all the way back? With mine at the very front, its tail heavy on the balance machine. I guess I gotta just throw it into the sky and see what happens
bigsmitty is offline Find More Posts by bigsmitty
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:30 AM
kitetricks is offline
Find More Posts by kitetricks
Flying Object Crash Tester
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jun 2013
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
You're putting your battery all the way back? With mine at the very front, its tail heavy on the balance machine. I guess I gotta just throw it into the sky and see what happens
The control surfaces having the authority they do, and there is plenty of power, so there is a big range that will work. I like a little tail heavy with this plane, as it slows for landing the tail sinks and makes it easy to use the throttle to control the desent.
kitetricks is offline Find More Posts by kitetricks
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2015, 07:14 PM
AeroMaestro is offline
Find More Posts by AeroMaestro
Smasher of foam
AeroMaestro's Avatar
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
You're putting your battery all the way back? With mine at the very front, its tail heavy on the balance machine. I guess I gotta just throw it into the sky and see what happens
I move my battery around depending on what I want to do. I have some Zippy 500s that I like to put just rear of center when I'm flying 3d, and I have some Glacier 450s that I like to put just forward of center when I want to fly clean pattern aerobatics and practice my four-point rolls. It's almost like having two different planes and I really enjoy both.
AeroMaestro is offline Find More Posts by AeroMaestro
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:24 AM
shastamike is offline
Find More Posts by shastamike
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroMaestro View Post
I move my battery around depending on what I want to do. I have some Zippy 500s that I like to put just rear of center when I'm flying 3d, and I have some Glacier 450s that I like to put just forward of center when I want to fly clean pattern aerobatics and practice my four-point rolls. It's almost like having two different planes and I really enjoy both.
+1 on that. Some planes are a disaster waiting to happen when tail heavy. On this one I do as AeroMaestro does. I've moved the battery all the way back for hovers and harriers. All the way forward for windy days. Inverza can handle it.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools