New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2015, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by builderdude
United States, TX
Joined Jun 2011
3,495 Posts
Discussion
Super Arrow

This is my take on Charlie Fite's UberPfeil.
Charlie Fite is known here as Old_Pilot. He designed the UberPfeil for foam board last year and stuck a pair of hair dryers on it (EDFs). Very fast plane. He yard darted his a few times and rebuilt them. I think he's up to version 3 or 4 now.

I built my version based on his, but added the winglets in dihedral. I also made the wing a 2-layer with balsa struts so that I could put an airfoil on mine. I also used balsa for all the edges and wing leading edge so that I could sand it to shape for reduced drag. I have elevons on mine, and it weighs in at right around a pound, with battery on board. It's powered by a Turnigy 2826/6, 2200 kv outrunner driving a 5x5 prop, 40 Amp ESC, and an 1850 mah 3S Lipo.

Here's the flight:
(It's not me in this video, but rather Gary Jones, while I held the camera, but after the video, I took over and flew it for the remainder of its flight).

Super Arrow RC plane (1 min 48 sec)

I don't have plans for this plane. I "winged it" to coin a bad pun.
But I'm sure Charlie does if anyone's interested.

Flies like a sweetheart. Very responsive, very fast, and very well-mannered. Flies just like a large paper airplane.
I used Dollar Tree foam board which does NOT take paint well. Try painting it and the paper comes right off. If you want a paint job on it, try a better foam board, like Elmers for example.
builderdude is offline Find More Posts by builderdude
to remove ads between posts