Have you returned to Seattle?
c300 is online now Find More Posts by c300
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2016, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by chewytm
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,029 Posts
Hi, I have been out of the loop for months due to health reasons. And I think I posted this question by mistake into another thread. Getting senile. Hee hee.

Anyway, has the firmware for the 308Duo been updated to charge the following battery to the proper voltage?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=87971

Regards,

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Feb 06, 2016, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
9,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Hi, I have been out of the loop for months due to health reasons. And I think I posted this question by mistake into another thread. Getting senile. Hee hee.

Anyway, has the firmware for the 308Duo been updated to charge the following battery to the proper voltage?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=87971

Regards,

chewy
Firmware update isn't necessary. I think you just change your end charge voltage and cell voltages to match what they should be for one of your charge programs. That way you can still charge regular lipos with other programs. There will probably be a red exclamation mark next to the voltage or whatever if you raise it past 4.2v/cell. But that is fine as long as your lipos can actually take it. The red exclamation mark is to warn people with normal lipos so they don't damage them.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Feb 08, 2016, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by write2dgray
United States, NJ, Princeton
Joined Dec 2006
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c300
Have you returned to Seattle?
I was out in Seattle last week, back in Princeton, NJ now. I get back pretty frequently. My wife is working on a post-doc for a couple of years out here (1 year remaining).

Got some FPV racing in while I was back - good lord that's fun. Highly recommended .

We also officially established a new business this last week (well really two, but only one that I'm ready to talk about ), Emerald City Machining. We have some pretty cool toys, ehem equipment , that are not being used as much as they could be, so we're looking to help out other businesses with some CNC work to fill in.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2016, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by c300
Bahjeez? I don have to show.
Joined Dec 2014
2,063 Posts
Magnusson awaits!
c300 is online now Find More Posts by c300
Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by circuit
Joined Aug 2008
31 Posts
Hi.

I have an issue with 4010DUO and LogView. It shows active comm once a second, but I don;t get any data displayed in chart or table. This is on Windows 10. SD card gets logged properly.

And a question: is it possible to also log internal resistance?
circuit is offline Find More Posts by circuit
Old Feb 09, 2016, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by LizardMan
Joined Sep 2010
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit View Post
And a question: is it possible to also log internal resistance?
Sorry, no.
LizardMan is offline Find More Posts by LizardMan
Old Feb 12, 2016, 03:01 AM
Find More Posts by Firz
Russia, Samarskaya oblast', Novokuybyshevsk
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Be careful when you connect the power to the charger with the USB connected to the computer. In my case(308duo, f.w.2.17), it led to the death of the motherboard Southbridge. Theoretically, the problem can only be in my device.
p.s. Also, the "OFF Delay Time" setting is completely ignored and the fan on / off every 10-20 seconds at a small load.
Firz is offline Find More Posts by Firz
Last edited by Firz; Feb 12, 2016 at 03:22 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 06:27 PM
Find More Posts by 6172crew
United States, NM, Los Alamos
Joined Dec 2010
170 Posts
I have a 308 that was reading bad on 2 cells, wont charge those 2 no matter what. I am not interested in sending it to china. I bought the small parts needed to fix the thing but they are so small Im having a hard time soldering the little bastards.

Anyone successfully replaced the little transistors? $50 seemed pretty expensive when I checked to see what the place I bought it from.
6172crew is offline Find More Posts by 6172crew
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by chewytm
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Firmware update isn't necessary. I think you just change your end charge voltage and cell voltages to match what they should be for one of your charge programs. That way you can still charge regular lipos with other programs. There will probably be a red exclamation mark next to the voltage or whatever if you raise it past 4.2v/cell. But that is fine as long as your lipos can actually take it. The red exclamation mark is to warn people with normal lipos so they don't damage them.
Thanks for the info. This is kinda dangerous, I guess, and would have preferred a different battery type

Regards,
chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by DamonH
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
5,286 Posts
Why is it dangerous? If you have a hv battery it wouldn't be dangerous at all to charge at 4.27v or 4.35v if your battery is rated for that.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Chris Barth
United States, MD, Huntingtown
Joined Oct 2006
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
I have a 308 that was reading bad on 2 cells, wont charge those 2 no matter what. I am not interested in sending it to china. I bought the small parts needed to fix the thing but they are so small Im having a hard time soldering the little bastards.

Anyone successfully replaced the little transistors? $50 seemed pretty expensive when I checked to see what the place I bought it from.
Are they SMD components? If so, using the hot air reflow method is the easiest way. It can be done with the proper tip with a iron, flux, thin solder or solder paste is your friend!

The hot air stations are now pretty inexpensive. You can pick one up good enough for hobbyist for $30-$40 with just hot air or combined with a soldering station type iron for a little more. They are good to have around since everything is SMD now. A worthwhile investment IMO.
chrisbarth is offline Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Old Feb 14, 2016, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Chris Barth
United States, MD, Huntingtown
Joined Oct 2006
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firz View Post
Be careful when you connect the power to the charger with the USB connected to the computer. In my case(308duo, f.w.2.17), it led to the death of the motherboard Southbridge. Theoretically, the problem can only be in my device.
p.s. Also, the "OFF Delay Time" setting is completely ignored and the fan on / off every 10-20 seconds at a small load.
Is there a special USB cable with the 308 duo charger? I know the 206b comes with a dedicated USB cable, they warn to only use that cable.
chrisbarth is offline Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Old Feb 14, 2016, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by Firz
Russia, Samarskaya oblast', Novokuybyshevsk
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarth View Post
Is there a special USB cable with the 308 duo charger? I know the 206b comes with a dedicated USB cable, they warn to only use that cable.
Cable not included, and it is not necessary, because 308duo has a standard 5-pin mini USB socket.
Firz is offline Find More Posts by Firz
Old Feb 14, 2016, 03:53 PM
Find More Posts by TheBum
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
2,169 Posts
New iCharger 4010DUO, 308DUO & 406DUO Have Been Released!!!

The same warning applies to the 308Duo. You either need a cable with the shield unconnected to signal ground, or use a laptop on battery power with a regular USB cable.
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum