HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:36 AM
Monterrey, Mexico
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
Redwing RC

Has anyone of you tried an airplane from Redwing RC? I saw some videos and they look pretty good, they have really good combos and the airplanes look pretty well. If you could tell me what you know about them and if I will nnot regret buying one of this airplanes.
Here is the link for Redwing RC's page:http://REDWINGRC.COM/aircraft.html

Thanks,
Ernesto
ernestomatt is offline Find More Posts by ernestomatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined May 2012
432 Posts
The only one I have seen is the YAK55 30cc and I was impressed. I'm a builder and not into ARFs at all but where I fly I'm the only one left so I see and assemble a lot of ARFs. I thought it was a good deal for the price and it appeared to be well made. The covering job was second to none. I wasn't offered a flight so I can't say anything about it but the new owner was very happy.
They also have a very good selection of planes.
Over on RCU there is an ARF forum so you may get a bunch more info over there from real owners of the planes. I only checked it out a bit as it was being assembled for flight then I took a photo of the owner with his new pride and joy.
Gray Beard is offline Find More Posts by Gray Beard
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,130 Posts
I been looking at the 20CC Sbach pretty close.
I was reading on another forum where they have been breaking in the horseshoe where the motor bolts to the plane. They also say they upgraded it,but who knows. But 135 bucks for a 20CC plane,I can re engineer the whole front of the fuse for that price. But I think that price is only till the end of August. I'm thinking very seriously about getting one though.
The guys on the profile brotherhood don't talk very highly of them. But they are pretty hard core. The 20 CC Sbach is the only one I know anything about.
http://redwingrc.com/planes/20cc-Sbach-Profile-DLE.htm
Fred
Crowfly is offline Find More Posts by Crowfly
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:31 PM
Monterrey, Mexico
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Thank you,

I was really looking forward for the Sbach 300/342 or the MXSR, they just got out a new MXSR 100cc and it looks pretty good, also they have a serious offer with the DLE's. I think I will try one but still if someone knows about them please let me know
ernestomatt is offline Find More Posts by ernestomatt
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:38 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,335 Posts
Tim of Redwing is top notch when it comes to customer service, as he is not happy with you just being OK with your purchase, he wants to know you are very happy with it. I have the 30cc MXSR from Redwing, and overall its a good value for the price point.

Only two things I can say as negatives is the covering is not true Ultracote, but some form of a China version, and only a few of the hardware pieces such as a wheel collar may not be up to par if you are picky. Other than that, the joints had plenty of glue (CA not hot glue) the covering was well applied, seams were great, and the paint on the parts is done very well.

Again overall, a very good quality / value for the price point.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Tim of Redwing is top notch when it comes to customer service, as he is not happy with you just being OK with your purchase, he wants to know you are very happy with it. I have the 30cc MXSR from Redwing, and overall its a good value for the price point.

Only two things I can say as negatives is the covering is not true Ultracote, but some form of a China version, and only a few of the hardware pieces such as a wheel collar may not be up to par if you are picky. Other than that, the joints had plenty of glue (CA not hot glue) the covering was well applied, seams were great, and the paint on the parts is done very well.

Again overall, a very good quality / value for the price point.
I've been looking at the 30CC MXSR. What power system do you have in yours?

Chuck
Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Chuck