HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
47 Posts
Discussion
RX2616v broken?

I got an m120d01 a while ago and I think the receiver is malfunctioning. I don't know how or if it can be fixed but here's what happened-

the gyro on the rudder seems to operate in the opposite direction that it should in that if I rotate the heli left, it will actuate the tail rotor and actually make the heli want to spin left even faster rather than stop the rotation like its meant to. additionally, when placed to its own devices,it will tend toward the left (sometimes). I'll hit rudder right and the servo will slowly push back the other way as if the gyro is sensing rotation about the vertical axis even when the copter is stationary. Additionally, I don't believe that the response direction can be changed on the gyro.
My other problem is that the servos don't always react. when the heli is turned on, the servos are obviously receiving current because they resist motion, but when I move the stick around, sometimes they move and sometimes they dont. then I'll poke at the connecters and they'll respond- sometimes the right way, other times, they will crank over to the maximum left or right that they can and stick there regardless of input.

I don't know what to do and I'm fairly sure that once you fly it, all warranties are void, so no returns. The heli did suffer a light crash, but these problems were present before the crash as well.
komodomoe is offline Find More Posts by komodomoe
Last edited by komodomoe; Feb 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
47 Posts
Does anyone know if walkera will replace the receiver or is there a way to fix it?
komodomoe is offline Find More Posts by komodomoe
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
You better ask your question here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1363787

I am not convinced that your receiver is broken but I no longer use it because I found that it can be very unstable. Some have replaced the receiver with that for the V120D02S and have reported a great improvement. The only thing that Walkera offers a warranty on is transmitters. But even that, you may have problem in getting that exercised overseas.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw