Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:14 AM
Calgary Alberta, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
257 Posts
Discussion
another Turborix 2.4G 2nd Generation 6 Channel Digital question

What is the little black wire loop with the end fitting used for? Also with these type of recievers do you need a BEC to run 7.2 for the winch, or would I use a y harness for the 7.2 to the winch the to the reciever? The reciever does not say if it has a built in BEC?

Andrew
A.B. is offline Find More Posts by A.B.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2010, 08:32 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,094 Posts
Hello Andrew,

My Hobbyking turned up today (my second one as the first went with my old boat), the same as the turborix just different labels, small black wire is the binding plug, and I currently run my LiFePo4 battery through the RX 6.6v.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:19 AM
Calgary Alberta, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
257 Posts
Mike,

this radio did not come with an instruction book, I would think all is on the CD, but what is the binding plug for?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:24 AM
Perth Western Australia
Joined Jul 2009
1,094 Posts
A.B.

What did you expect for $50 depends where you buy it,
The binding plug helps programme the transmitter to the receiver
try this link for all the info
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=turborix

I do love this radio plug it in and binds straight away, now got to learn how to programme it
8387mike is offline Find More Posts by 8387mike
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:29 PM
Calgary Alberta, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
257 Posts
Mike I went with rc2 and the Turbotronics and eurgle sail winch.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:34 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,391 Posts
That is the bind plug used to bind the RX to the TX.

Here's how you bind (quite painless and quick):

1. With everything switched off connect the bind plug to the battery slot of the RX, should be marked BAT or BATT.
2. Connect a battery (via ESC or UBEC if more than 6V) to any other slot. You should see the LED on the RX blinking.
3. Push down the bind button on the TX and hold it down.
4. Turn on the TX. Wait for the LED on the RX to stop blinking (should not take long).

Be very careful not to use anything more than 6V with the RX - so never directly connect LiPo batteries to it - 1S is below working voltage 2S and above burns the little chips. I use 4 NiMH batteries connected directly to the RX which is fine. The RX really, really want to be in the 5V range.

Also, I have the Hobbyking version which is basically just different packaging for the same radio set and the LED on the RX is not so easy to see. At night, under fluorescent lamps it is clearly visible but it's hard to see under sunlight, even indirect. Not sure if the Turborix packaging has the same issues just don't panic if you can't see any blinking LEDs - go ahead and count to ten when you're binding then later connect a servo to see if it worked.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:25 AM
Calgary Alberta, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
257 Posts
slebetman, So if I wanted to run 7.2 for my winch would I need to run it through a y harness then a BEC?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:07 PM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B. View Post
slebetman, So if I wanted to run 7.2 for my winch would I need to run it through a y harness then a BEC?
If you want to use a single battery then yes something like that. Mike claims to run his with 6.6V LiFe batteries but in a thread on the Radio forum someone said he burned his RX with just 6.2V. I guess that's mostly manufacturing tolerances, like how you can overclock some CPUs more than others.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:31 AM
Registered Billy
Louisville, KY
Joined Dec 2003
333 Posts
I'm not doubting you Slebetman but you would think the voltage tolerance would be a little higher since four fresh alkaline cells would likely measure greater than 6.2V. Is this spec listed anywhere?

Brian
bkopke is online now Find More Posts by bkopke