Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 09, 2010, 03:03 PM
The SandMan
United States, NC, Youngsville
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
Discussion
Red Box Top Flite P-40 Plans Help

Would anyone have a set of plans for the Red Box P-40 that would be willing to make a copy or sell the plans? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price.

I recently purchased a well used version of the model that needs a bit of rebuilding and I need the plans in order to complete the model.

Thanks,

SandMan
hwmccullough is offline Find More Posts by hwmccullough
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2010, 02:31 AM
Italy
Joined Apr 2009
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmccullough View Post
Would anyone have a set of plans for the Red Box P-40 that would be willing to make a copy or sell the plans? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price.

I recently purchased a well used version of the model that needs a bit of rebuilding and I need the plans in order to complete the model.

Thanks,

SandMan
i built that kit last year, i will figutreout how to mail in pdf file if you want..
david
Davide72 is online now Find More Posts by Davide72
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:29 AM
The SandMan
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
David,

A PDF file would be wonderful! If you can do that I would greatly appreciate it. If that doesn't work, I'd even be willing to copy it here and return it to you.

Thanks,

SandMan
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:45 AM
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2006
35 Posts
red box P-40 plans

i have a set of plans for this plane,they are in good shape.i can send them to you if you want to copy them and return them as i want to keep them.
freddy s is online now Find More Posts by freddy s
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
The SandMan
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
Freddie,

That would be fantastic! Please contact me via my personal email and we'll work out the details:

sandy.mccullough@gmail.com

Thanks!!

SandMan
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
Italy
Joined Apr 2009
142 Posts
hi,
i hope you the plans, anyway i just tryed to scan my plans, they are bit messy and my scanner size it's max A/3 420mm-297.
david
Davide72 is online now Find More Posts by Davide72
Last edited by Davide72; Apr 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:12 AM
The SandMan
Joined Nov 2007
20 Posts
Hey, gang,

I now have a set of plans thanks to a member here!

Thanks!!

SandMan
Old Aug 06, 2011, 04:44 AM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
517 Posts
Bit of a thread bumpage but can anyone here please help?

I'm re-visiting my P40 build after about 4 years since I last touched it. I have the plans but they've suffered and I'm missing the lower right quarter (the instructional sections 10 and up).

All the plan parts are intact (just!) and in any case the model is mostly constructed, so if anyone could kindly scan me the bit I need I would be very grateful.

M thx...
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Top Flite P-40 plans

I have an old kit from 70's Top Flite p-40 but need plans to build it. does anyone have a set to copy and send me I would gladly pay for copy price and postage . Thanks Henry 509-630-7808
Mantive is offline Find More Posts by Mantive
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:05 PM
Joined Jun 2005
3 Posts
I have an old Red kit box from 70's Top Flite P-40. Think all the plans are in it, but not all the balsa.
If still needing LMK. I'll look see.
Roger
roger_k is offline Find More Posts by roger_k
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:55 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantive View Post
I have an old kit from 70's Top Flite p-40 but need plans to build it. does anyone have a set to copy and send me I would gladly pay for copy price and postage . Thanks Henry 509-630-7808
Plans for the old red box kits, most of 'em anyway, are available for a nominal (hah!) fee from Top Flite (Hobbico). 20 bucks plus $7.99 s&h, and a 4-6 week wait while they send out their office copy and have it blue-line copied.

That said, I scanned my P-40 plans to a *.pdf file before I sold the kit. Can't upload 'em to an online plans site, as they're still available from the copyright owners. The plans weren't in the best shape--I need to print a set out and fill in the lines where the bugs got to them, then rescan--but they're readable and plenty good enuff to build from. Anybody needs a set, I can attach a copy to an e-mail if you PM me your e-mail address.

A couple tips which prolly have been mentioned elsewhere, but bear repeating, especially for those new to kit-builds. 1) Make an extra copy of your plans to build from, keeping the original intact for reference, among other things. 2) Copy the parts by tracing onto the back of the original plan as you pull them from the diecrush sheets; also pre-cut pieces like shaped spars, etc. Makes repair work after a crash much easier.

Cowl, if needed, is available from Fiberglas Specialties.

I still need to scan the plans, etc. for the P-47 and P-39. I've got one each NIB, and one each in serious need of...um...let's call it rebuilding.

And if anybody's got 'em, I need the plans for the F8F-2 Bearcat; got two nearly finished ones from a buddy some time back, one as per plans, and one bashed to near scale, but no useable plans. Could use a set for the red box Corsair, too, for that matter; I've got a box full of enuff pieces for at least two, and a partially built airframe, but no plans. I do have the instruction manual for the Corsair and P-47, and, I _think_, the Bearcat.

Jim
jmdauge is offline Find More Posts by jmdauge