Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by flip33
United States, IA, Danville
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Help!
Think I want V911 and V913 but have questions

Hi folks,

Getting back into rc helis after a 2 year break. Had a couple mcpx's and a couple of 450 clones with dx6i. I could do simple circuits in all tail orientations, but never could do 3d stuff. I found it to be a frustrating money pit.

Well, the wltoys stuff looks economical to crash, and maybe FP would be more rewarding for me. Getting tired of googling with mixed results.

Questions:

What is the best company to get a dual brushless V911 and V913? It appears some companies lie about what they sell.

Would it be better to get a RTF V913 because the transmitter is better? Or is there a better tx that works for 911 and 913?

I like scale fuselages. Would like to put this AS350 fus on the 911 that I bought from darth. Any problems with that?

Any other info you think would be helpful?

Thanks very much!
flip33 is offline Find More Posts by flip33
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2016, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by robocog
England
Joined Feb 2005
114 Posts
V911 is brushed only AFAIK
Bang good seem to be the cheapest

I run a Deviated Devo 7e and Devo 10 TX - which flies pretty much anything

V911 is not going to like any additional weight at all
(that includes metal parts as far as I have experimented)
Bone stock plastic - the V911 is a hoot and can take the knocks and at the price it is there is no excuse not to have one

It is the machine that hooked me big time and I'll never be without one

Maybe it can take more weight when going brushless if you are willing to mod it for more power...but at a cost and effort

Its a bushed motored cheap toy fixed pitch heli with 45 degree flybar stability so its not exactly a challenge when compared to a CP, but a nice simple and easy heli that "is what it is"

Its indoors only, and will not tolerate any draught/breeze/wind
(maybe going brushless and adding weight would help this aspect?)

Only 'mods' I have done on mine were swapping the flybar weights for shorter paddle style ones so the canopy and boom don't get 'clunked' as much and popping some hotglue on the antenna wire after re soldering it back on

Can't help on the 913 at all sorry

Regards
Rob
robocog is offline Find More Posts by robocog
Old Jan 18, 2016, 03:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Thanks Rob.
Last edited by flip33; Jan 18, 2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: found new info...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,167 Posts
If you had Mcp-x's / 450 why would you go to a basic 4 ch f/p f/b heli ?
Now if you did not have any luck flying then then different story. V911 is great basic bird. V913 is a turkey/ V912 bl is better bird.
Walkera Mini c/p with Devo7e is very stable. TX can be flashed to spectrum/ Diode mod can be done for range. Blade Nano CPS has bail out function. Safe they call it. Good luck
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 19, 2016, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by robocog
England
Joined Feb 2005
114 Posts
HCP80 might fit the bill if you are not sure as it will let you gradually build back up to full on CP madness

It's not brushless, but can be made as stable as a V911 or as mad as an MCPX at the flick of a switch/twiddle of the TX settings

Again - a Deviated Devo 7e or 10 with a cheap module will control it

It's not as inexpensive as a V911 and parts don't seem that common (at least this side of the pond)
I can testify it's pretty robust and forgiving of tumbles though

In 6G mode with some expo and DR I'd happily let someone with only coaxial experience take it for a fly knowing they won't be out of their depth or get scared.....it /can/ be made very docile and boring

Regards
Rob
robocog is offline Find More Posts by robocog
Old Jan 19, 2016, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by TheMustangOne
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2015
78 Posts
This is what i did

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post33723793
TheMustangOne is offline Find More Posts by TheMustangOne
Old Jan 19, 2016, 05:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
If you had Mcp-x's / 450 why would you go to a basic 4 ch f/p f/b heli ?
Now if you did not have any luck flying then then different story. V911 is great basic bird. V913 is a turkey/ V912 bl is better bird.
Walkera Mini c/p with Devo7e is very stable. TX can be flashed to spectrum/ Diode mod can be done for range. Blade Nano CPS has bail out function. Safe they call it. Good luck
Good question. I must not be very good at flying helis, but I do enjoy flying around the yard in circles and 8's. The crashes were getting expensive. Mcpx boards are $70 bucks.

Just discovered my dx6i pots are trashed. Will need a new transmitter. I'll probably get a new DX6. Then I will fix my 450's and fly them gingerly once in a while.

The wltoys brushless v913 look nice for a scale fuselage. That sounds cool to me. I would be OK flying a turkey! The "6-axis" stabilization looks like an easy to fly machine with less stress of crashing and repairing. I got tired of repairing helis. BTW, that V931 scale looks cool and might fill the bill. (less of a turkey).

Maybe my skills might even improve.

I do appreciate your info. Thanks very much.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 05:23 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblefliar View Post
That is a nice success story. That Master CP looks tempting because the stability mode might be a good fit for me.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 05:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Also, now that I know my transmitter is messed up, my mcpx might really be OK. Could put the AS350 fuselage on it! It definitely has enough power.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
271 Posts
I just ordered a v913.

In what way is it a turkey?
rossi46 is online now Find More Posts by rossi46
Old Jan 22, 2016, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Joined Aug 2012
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
I just ordered a v913.

In what way is it a turkey?
It's heavy and slow and if you ordered the brushed motor version expect to be replacing motors frequently.

If you're a beginner slow may be just what you want to learn, so for you it's not necessarily a turkey as it would be for a more experienced flyer. You'll probably have a blast with it.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Jan 28, 2016, 09:59 AM
Find More Posts by mcmoyer
450x, 180CFX
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip33 View Post
That is a nice success story. That Master CP looks tempting because the stability mode might be a good fit for me.
Master CP doesn't have a stability mode. It's fairly stable as far as CP's go, but it's not going to act like a self leveling heli. Are you thinking of the Blade 230s maybe?
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by giteart
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
982 Posts
Hello, is there a BNF flybarlessmodel in the V911 size that will bind to the V912 tx ?

I want something quicker than the v911 that can fly outdoors.
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart
Old Jan 29, 2016, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by rossi46
Let's Go Mets!
United Kingdom, Scotland, Galashiels
Joined Jan 2016
271 Posts
My 913 came yesterday, but I'm waiting for the 70mph winds here to die down before I venture out with her!

Meantime, how would I know if I have the brushless model or not?
rossi46 is online now Find More Posts by rossi46
Old Jan 29, 2016, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by mcmoyer
450x, 180CFX
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
529 Posts
If you turn the rotor head you should be able to see the outside of a brushless motor turn. If it's a normal brushed motor, the outside casing will remain still when you turn the rotor head.
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer