New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by keknom
Joined Jul 2015
4 Posts
Help!
Flashing SImonK on Redbrick 70A New Board

I'm attempting to Flash SimonK on a Redbrick70A, but appear to have a new revision of the board that is not listed on the support SImonK list. The new board is blue with 4P0529A (1434) on it

I've flashed the RB 70A, and RB50A hex so far and the ESC does not beep or produce any sounds when powered. Any advice on which hex file to flash?
keknom is offline Find More Posts by keknom
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:00 PM
Joined Jul 2015
4 Posts
Just got it working with the HKmacro hex George posted in this thread. Seems to start up and power a motor fine.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2490807
Old Sep 14, 2015, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by George Shering
Scotland
Joined May 2005
2,213 Posts
Yes, but this F5B software, not Simonk multicopter software. Not optimised for the same applications. Probably both do general purpose applications adequately well.
I have not heard of a Simonk version for this board. Simon could easily do one but there are now so many of these boards around!
George
George Shering is offline Find More Posts by George Shering
Old Sep 16, 2015, 03:47 PM
Joined Jul 2015
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Shering View Post
Yes, but this F5B software, not Simonk multicopter software. Not optimised for the same applications. Probably both do general purpose applications adequately well.
I have not heard of a Simonk version for this board. Simon could easily do one but there are now so many of these boards around!
George
The old version of the 70 amp redbricks had simonK support, but board sadly changed. Also hadn't realized that hex wasn't SimonK, isn't much of an issue though since I'm using this ESC for battlebots and not a Quadrotor. (For battlebots only really care if the ESC powers up the motor and doesn't have any features get in the way of that)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 03:59 AM
Find More Posts by George Shering
Scotland
Joined May 2005
2,213 Posts
Hi,
Maybe you should check your Red Brick new board for capacitors across the phase voltage measurement resistors. The software you are using is designed for no capacitors or capacitors removed. It will be running a bit retarded at higher rpms if the capacitors are present. See thread on custom software for F5D.
George Shering is offline Find More Posts by George Shering