New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2016, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by Adamskido76
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
So I am going through this thread and I am at page 200 odd and most guy's settled on a 7x6 or 6.5x6.5 or stock 6x6 and most upped their esc as well. Well I am sitting here with my used 2nd hand one with a 7x7 zd prop zd anyone ever heard of? and the stock 40a esc and I am a little worried and confused. Why has the previous guy not come unstuck with what he has put on their? I can see that he has done the back plates and clevis mods but this one baffles me, I have had a few flights myself and although not wot all the time I pushed it some and both bats and esc came down cool? I am not sure what is going on but I have a couple of the stock 6x6 coming and will get some apc on order as well but if this 7x7 is good I would stick with this. Anyone heard of zd props?
Adamskido76 is offline Find More Posts by Adamskido76
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2016, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by strykerf27q
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
you will probably crash hand tossing with the stock prop. I would not recommend. You might be ok on the stock ESC with that prop on a 3s. If you want to run 4s on that prop, then I would recommend at least a good 75a ESC
strykerf27q is offline Find More Posts by strykerf27q
Old Feb 04, 2016, 04:11 AM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerf27q View Post
you will probably crash hand tossing with the stock prop. I would not recommend. You might be ok on the stock ESC with that prop on a 3s. If you want to run 4s on that prop, then I would recommend at least a good 75a ESC
Thank's man I don't like the sound of the stockie but they were cheap so I chucked a couple in the cart with some apc's and a spare nose doh I only ordered 8x8 apc for my Axion Laser Arrow as I hadn't read enough of this thread before my order haha I will defo be upgrading the esc when I come across one but TBH what I have witnessed so far with my flights has been plenty fast enough......................for now
Old Feb 04, 2016, 04:26 AM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
Can't you do the side arm let go launch on the stock prop?
Old Feb 04, 2016, 10:12 AM
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamskido76 View Post
Can't you do the side arm let go launch on the stock prop?
I'm sure you could, but it would be 100X harder than launching with a prop that produces enough thrust
Old Feb 04, 2016, 02:03 PM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerf27q View Post
I'm sure you could, but it would be 100X harder than launching with a prop that produces enough thrust
Really? That bad huh? My bad on my prop it had a bit of mud on it and it looked like 7x7 but it is 7x6 so whoever had this bird before me knew what they were doing but I still cant find a prop with initials ZD on do you think it was a random one he had lying about and chucked it on? It has ZD E 7x6 on it? I am not to bothered as I will make a apc fit somehow or better yet make this prop last forever haha. I don't have the break set on my esc do you recommend it? Thanks again
Old Feb 04, 2016, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Joined Aug 2012
573 Posts
That's completely untrue. Launching with the stock prop is cake, it just requires more throttle. In fact, it's actually MORE difficult to launch with the APC sport props because of how heavy they are and how much torque roll they create on release if the throttle is even slightly too high.

The stock motor and ESC with a 3S and 7x7 will work just fine. I actually don't know why the APC sport props are so popular. They're heavy and pull a lot of amps for the performance level. The size you pick is dependent on your battery and motor setup. I'm running an 1800kv motor with an Aeronaut carbon 7x7 on 4s and 5s. I've also run 4s and 5s on the stock motor with the stock prop. The best prop on the stock motor for anything over 3S is the stock prop. A 7" is too much prop for that motor.

Don't even bother trying to perfect a 3S setup. This plane flies night and day better on 4S and probably should have came that way stock.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Last edited by AWDstylez; Feb 04, 2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2016, 02:55 PM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
That's completely untrue. Launching with the stock prop is cake, it just requires more throttle. In fact, it's actually MORE difficult to launch with the APC sport props because of how heavy they are and how much torque roll they create on release if the throttle is even slightly too high.

The stock motor and ESC with a 3S and 7x7 will work just fine. I actually don't know why the APC sport props are so popular. They're heavy and pull a lot of amps for the performance level. The size you pick is dependent on your battery and motor setup. I'm running an 1800kv motor with an Aeronaut carbon 7x7 on 4s and 5s. I've also run 4s and 5s on the stock motor with the stock prop. The best prop on the stock motor for anything over 3S is the stock prop. A 7" is too much prop for that motor.

Don't even bother trying to perfect a 3S setup. This plane flies night and day better on 4S and probably should have came that way stock.
Thanks for the tips man and I will upgrade to 4s when I have a bigger esc on it but for now I do have a couple of stock props coming so I will be fine just need more throttle on launch. Oh it is stock motor and esc at the mo.
Old Feb 05, 2016, 06:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
219 Posts
lol no way. launching with the APC prop is literally the easiest thing ever.. I could just throttle up and let go of the plane to launch if I wanted. That's how much thrust this thing has
Old Feb 05, 2016, 01:40 PM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
Weather permitting I am out in the morning to test my new baby again, I think I am in love lol do your other planes get jealous if you prefer one over the others?
Old Feb 06, 2016, 01:57 AM
Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
4,172 Posts
Hi guys,

What does a (new in a box) F27Q sell for these days?

I have a friend in East Coast USA asking about one.

Gryph
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Feb 06, 2016, 05:52 AM
United Kingdom, Harwich
Joined Nov 2014
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Hi guys,

Gryph
PNP about 110 115 tops used in great condition on ebay they go for about 75 unless you get lucky like me and get it for 67
Old Feb 06, 2016, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by khoysagk
United States, OR, Astoria
Joined Feb 2011
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Hi guys,

Gryph
Good luck finding one, and if you do the seller usually won't ship because it's too big. He might just have to order all the parts and put one together himself. That's what I ended up doing.
khoysagk is online now Find More Posts by khoysagk
Old Feb 06, 2016, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by Number_6
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Sep 2012
457 Posts
Also... if you have one, good luck trying to sell it.

I have 2 Stryker Q's. One new in box, never flown, never out of the box.
The Other is a very good Q.

Had several deals going at different times for the PNP.
Then they want to offer $50. Crazy.

I still have them, never plan on flying them, but will never lose
a penny either.

Number_6 is offline Find More Posts by Number_6
Old Feb 06, 2016, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Thrashie
The Sum of all Evils
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Apr 2014
695 Posts
I learned the hard way selling one of my stryker Q's a while back on ebay (tho I still have 4, heh)
shipping will kill ya, I wound up having to use a 42" lcd tv box and cost $80 bux to ship!
Thrashie is offline Find More Posts by Thrashie