HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2015, 06:41 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,147 Posts
It will work if the ESC's are designed to accept and combine two signals. If not simply break out the pos and neg from each one into the FS inputs as if it was two separate supplies. Make sure you bench test before flight by watching for the LEDs to be lit then pull each input in turn and check for power.

Got all the seaming taped and gooped along with the new nose section grafted to the rear. I hope this works with minimal seam fixing. We shall find out tomorrow.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2015, 06:45 PM
Crashes count as bonus points
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
259 Posts
Absolutely amazing work! Wish I subbed to this a while back!

Rob
buildcrashrepair is online now Find More Posts by buildcrashrepair
Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:56 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,466 Posts
I might, just might, have one of these by the time we meet again....

I mean, can you imagine the damage I can do with this thing whistling along at 100mph ! Should be, could be, spectacular !

The repairs are looking great on the Typhoon my friend

Take care and happy landings to you !
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,147 Posts
Rob... Thanks so much for the support.

Lipo you mad bas(*$d. If you think that little thing will get close to me this time then your dreaming mate. I can out fly you, out gun you and out run you. Maybe I'll just aim my pointy end towards you for a change....Ha!!

Getting back to reality.... I was able to sussessfully attach the new nose to the old rear bit. The trick of installing the rear fuse back into the molds then re-attaching the front mold actually worked better than planned. Due to the finished rear section having been painted etc. I did have minor alignment issue in regards to the two halve not fitting perfectly flush the way they do with a new build. This was due to the damaged attachment points not fitting inside the molds perfectly. and being slightly warped from the crash. However, I can live with less than 1mm tolerance in this case. Anyhow, thats what filler is for.

So now that it is altogether the front does align perfectly to the rear with the actual joint being the only thing to fix up a bit. V1 will now get a series of upgrades to improve reliability and improve general operation. It will get the new steering along with the newly designed retract box. Also, gets the speed brake and newly designed rear nozzle attachments. Other stuff is moving the electronics around to get better radio signal that currently could have been partially blocked by the batteries in certain orientations. I'm also redesigning the battery trey to allow for larger batteries and capacity. I would like to get around 8 mins flying time not 5. I'm also installing the new control arms on the canards. I always felt uncomfortable with the cheap off the shelf arms as they felt weak.

So next is start putting this bugger together beginning next week. One thing of note is the pic with all the bits and pieces in it. These are just some of the items needing to install, replace or repair. So except for the rear fuselage I have to pretty much build a whole new plane.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Last edited by acesimmer; Yesterday at 07:51 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,994 Posts
Beautiful work Ace!
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS 980mm Kawasaki Ki-61 Tony
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
Crashes count as bonus points
United States, KS
Joined Jul 2013
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Beautiful work Ace!
+1

The air-brake is sexy if I do say so myself. I always find that it's those 'small' details that make the plane!

Are you just using a pneumatic actuator to power it?
buildcrashrepair is online now Find More Posts by buildcrashrepair