HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2015, 08:45 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Dude!!
where did you find one and how much was it!!
I have the V1 and literally flown the wings off of it because I have XXXX times of flying with it
I need a new one
I had the as3x version for about a week and did not like it as much as my V1
I feel way more connected to the first version
I just stumbled on it through ebay. An older gentlemen had some medical inner ear problems that wouldn't allow him to control sport planes anymore.. He was digging out all his stuff to sell off and had forgotten about it for several years. The auction went to 150 bucks and 12 shipping! I know what you mean this plane rocks and I'm so glad I got it!
sperry12 is offline Find More Posts by sperry12
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2015, 01:24 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry12 View Post
I just stumbled on it through ebay. An older gentlemen had some medical inner ear problems that wouldn't allow him to control sport planes anymore.. He was digging out all his stuff to sell off and had forgotten about it for several years. The auction went to 150 bucks and 12 shipping! I know what you mean this plane rocks and I'm so glad I got it!
Thanks !
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Jan 09, 2015, 12:19 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,055 Posts
Look around, you might be able to find parts still for it. That's the way I got mine. Although it will be the black/white/red version with AS3X.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:56 AM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
148 Posts
3000kv 180

Here is yet another simple problem that I hope y'all help me solve. Ok so I got my new V1 running smooth and fast on the 3000kv. The only problem is it takes me about 3 min just to change out batteries and get all the very long motor wires folded up in a way that it and my battery will fit to allow the hatch to finally close. See when HH sent me the two motors the freaking wires were twice as long as I needed. I would like to know where I could get those super small crimper things on the ends of the motor wire that snaps into the plug. In that way I could just cut to length strip and crimp... Right? I know y'all might suggest me cut and solder to length but I haven't ever used my iron, and I can tell that might be a disaster for me. Ok I hope y'all know what I mean and thanks for any help on this. Below is the pic of sbach with the mile of wire a comparison of the correct 2500 kv wire to the 3000 kv and finally a pic of that little crimper I want. Maybe there is a way I can remove that thing and use again but I looked at it magnified and I'm pretty sure that is permanent.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 01:15 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,730 Posts
You're right about the pins not being reusable. I'm not sure where you can get a new set. However, it's a safe bet that HH used commercially-available pins for the motor connector - just like they do for their other connectors. You could mic-out a pin to get the dimensions & then see if you can find them at an electronics supply company, such as Digi-Key. Alternatively, you could give Glenn at RC-Connectors a call & see if he knows. He stocks many of the connectors that are used on the UM/UMX planes.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jan 10, 2015, 01:27 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
You're right about the pins not being reusable. I'm not sure where you can get a new set. However, it's a safe bet that HH used commercially-available pins for the motor connector - just like they do for their other connectors. You could mic-out a pin to get the dimensions & then see if you can find them at an electronics supply company, such as Digi-Key. Alternatively, you could give Glenn at RC-Connectors a call & see if he knows. He stocks many of the connectors that are used on the UM/UMX planes.

Joel
Thanks for the ideas Joel. Much appreciated. I mean HH discontinued the Stryker a long time ago... They are selling TWO planes that use this motor and yet this is the motor setup their still selling? WTH??? Oh well it doesn't matter you got me fixed up and it works good just trying to lose some of this wire. Thanks again.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 02:46 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,730 Posts
You're welcome, Sperry! We regulars on the thread are always happy to help.

Regarding the motor lead-length - I just checked the 3000Kv in my Pitts, and it appears to have the shorter lead, like the one on the 2500Kv in the Sbach.

Regarding motor rotation - I'd have thought the Yak & Pitts 3000Kv motor would be wired for a puller-prop app, but HH shows the same motor PN for all of the planes that use the 3000Kv. From the pics on HH's site, it also appears that all of the UMX motors have the wire colors in the same spots on their respective motor plugs. Rather odd, considering that the motor power lead on the bricks is wired so that the 2300 & 2500Kv motors spin in the normal direction for a puller.

Apparently, they must have normal rotation 3000Kv motors with the shorter wires that they use in the Pitts, but they don't have a unique PN. We've seen a similar situation with the UMX bricks. Although they use different AS3X settings for different planes, the brick PN doesn't change.

BTW - I just got off the horn with HH tech support, and they don't know the answer, either.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jan 10, 2015, 04:12 PM
United States, LA, Jena
Joined Jan 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
You're welcome, Sperry! We regulars on the thread are always happy to help.

Regarding the motor lead-length - I just checked the 3000Kv in my Pitts, and it appears to have the shorter lead, like the one on the 2500Kv in the Sbach.

Regarding motor rotation - I'd have thought the Yak & Pitts 3000Kv motor would be wired for a puller-prop app, but HH shows the same motor PN for all of the planes that use the 3000Kv. From the pics on HH's site, it also appears that all of the UMX motors have the wire colors in the same spots on their respective motor plugs. Rather odd, considering that the motor power lead on the bricks is wired so that the 2300 & 2500Kv motors spin in the normal direction for a puller.

Apparently, they must have normal rotation 3000Kv motors with the shorter wires that they use in the Pitts, but they don't have a unique PN. We've seen a similar situation with the UMX bricks. Although they use different AS3X settings for different planes, the brick PN doesn't change.

BTW - I just got off the horn with HH tech support, and they don't know the answer, either.

Joel
Thanks for asking that question to them, because when I ordered the motors I specifically said I want the exact replacement for the UMX YAK... ( I mean I was using them for something else you know but I wanted THAT motor.... The one that replaces the motor in THAT airplane THEY sale... Turning to the right and wires cut at a usable length. He said yep that's it I'm looking at the part number. I was thinking then oh my that doesn't mean anything... Lol. Oh well you hooked me up and I got me some little crimps on the way! Now I'm going outside with this thing pictured below and have some fun! BTW I got that 5030 balanced smoooooth even with that shapways press fit!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
1,243 Posts
UMX Sbach 3D- Blenders (5 min 53 sec)

Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eagle2Nitro; Jan 24, 2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 05:55 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,335 Posts
^^ You're right - it does do great blenders! I really must fly it again; everything that's not Twisted Hobbys has suffered since I discovered the brand as that's what I always choose for the park - my Sbach and Stryker 180 are left on the shelf
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 24, 2015, 06:08 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Apr 2014
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
^^ You're right - it does do great blenders! I really must fly it again; everything that's not Twisted Hobbys has suffered since I discovered the brand as that's what I always choose for the park - my Sbach and Stryker 180 are left on the shelf
Do blenders high... My recoveries keep getting lower... and lower...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Full Scale Aircraft
Old Jan 24, 2015, 07:55 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
HK,

Enjoyed that one too.

Violent Blenders???

You really need to try a UMX Yak, with max throws, on my BB Hyp (3S) 180s!!

Roger
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2015, 08:06 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Apr 2014
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
HK,

Enjoyed that one too.

Violent Blenders???

You really need to try a UMX Yak, with max throws, on my BB Hyp (3S) 180s!!

Roger
I had a Yak, but I traded it for a UM Stryker, which I sold later. I shoujd have kept the Yak...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Full Scale Aircraft