SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2015, 09:41 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Wifi is 2.4ghz which is the same as most transmitters so it is never a good idea to have that feature on your camera turned on.

Another note is that small action cameras have problems being really noisy and emitting something close to 1.2ghz which is what the GPS receiver uses...I am currently battling this with my Mobius and Naza, the second I turn the Mobius on, I drop to just 3 satellites
CGO1 uses 5Ghz Wifi but is still creating problems!
I thought maybe going to 5Gig would help not guess not!
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2015, 09:58 PM
United States, NJ, Flemington
Joined Jun 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
CGO1 uses 5Ghz Wifi but is still creating problems!
I thought maybe going to 5Gig would help not guess not!
Tim
Maybe it is interfering with the GPS? Do you get a full GPS lock when the camera is on?
observer is online now Find More Posts by observer
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,214 Posts
Quote:
I am currently battling this with my Mobius and Naza, the second I turn the Mobius on, I drop to just 3 satellites
It's short range though ... move the camera and puck as far apart as possible, ideally with something solid (like the pack) in between. I've never had any problems.

Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Joined Jun 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
It's short range though ... move the camera and puck as far apart as possible, ideally with something solid (like the pack) in between. I've never had any problems.

Awesome looking build, what gimbal is that?

I am running my Naza on my mini hex, only have the top of the frame to mount my Mobius and the GPS Puck. For now I made a copper box to help block most of the interference, I can get a solid lock in seconds. But it is in an annoying box haha

You can read more about the issues here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1978348
Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,214 Posts
Quote:
Awesome looking build, what gimbal is that?

I am running my Naza on my mini hex, only have the top of the frame to mount my Mobius and the GPS Puck.
It's just a cheap GoPro gimbal from GoodLuckBuy in China. Needed a few tweaks but is light and works well. Had it nearly a year now.

Can't you mount the Mobius underneath somewhere?
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Maybe it is interfering with the GPS? Do you get a full GPS lock when the camera is on?
No and that seems to be the issue. If I do get a lock it goes in and out in flight.
If GPS is weak it will not lock with camera on.
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
It's just a cheap GoPro gimbal from GoodLuckBuy in China. Needed a few tweaks but is light and works well. Had it nearly a year now.

Can't you mount the Mobius underneath somewhere?
Don't have any space since I have my 5.8Ghz transmitter there.
I attached a picture of my hex, the Mobius isn't on it, but I put it on top above the FPV camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
No and that seems to be the issue. If I do get a lock it goes in and out in flight.
If GPS is weak it will not lock with camera on.
Tim
Try making a box for the camera out of cardboard and covering the box with Copper Foil Tape, it fixes the problem, just makes it annoying to start/stop recording.

I attached a picture of my camera in the box I made for it, maybe you could try something like that.