HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,192 Posts
Quick question!!
I went out.this morning to treat myself to a few new lipos
Got myself s few new 2200 overlanders for my other models and I managed to get a deal on a bionic 30-60c 2500 4s...
All I'm wanting to know is..
Has anyone used this brand and...
Does anyone use 2500-2600 in the p51...I'm not sure how much it will upset the cog its the same.dimentions as the 3200 pack I normally use
Any input apretiated
Jeff
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
909 Posts
Only way to find out is to install lipo and put on your CG rig (fingers??). I have to have add lead weight to front cowl to get my V7.5 D model to balance with Zippy 4s 3000 lipo pushed forward against motor bracket (had to cut out some foam to allow lipo to slide forward to rest against plastic of the motor mount). BTW I use a Zippy 5s 4000 lipo on my other V7.5 D model pushed forward as far as it will go without trimming any foam with no lead weights at all. (I use a YEP 100A ESC and a Castle 20A BEC on this plane.)
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Last edited by jlk69; Yesterday at 12:44 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,460 Posts
Often when using a smaller battery I'll just rubber band or tape weight to the battery itself..
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quick question!!
I went out.this morning to treat myself to a few new lipos
Got myself s few new 2200 overlanders for my other models and I managed to get a deal on a bionic 30-60c 2500 4s...
All I'm wanting to know is..
Has anyone used this brand and...
Does anyone use 2500-2600 in the p51...I'm not sure how much it will upset the cog its the same.dimentions as the 3200 pack I normally use
Any input apretiated
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
First, Happy Holidays!

Now, regarding batteries. I learned several years ago from a few guys on this forum that Hyperion batteries are the best, hands down. They had done very technical analysis, including cycling them and monitoring their internal resistance. I am retired and fly a lot...2-3 times per week with at least 10 flights per outing. The 2100mah 3-cell Hyperions I bought 3 years ago are still flying like they are new.

For this plane, I use a 4000mah 4-cell Hyperion. I'm surprised you went with only 2500mah because I think your flight times will be minimal.

By the way, I did try some cheaper batteries that so many guys were touting and found them to be so cheaply made that the balance wires fell out after only a couple of months. I've never had wires come loose on the Hyperion batteries.

Regarding the CG....another guy already told you what to do....put your new battery in the plane and check the CG.

I hope this helps,
Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM
United States, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined May 2004
1,957 Posts
Compare the weights of your regular and new batteries and go from there.

Woody
W. X. Davis is offline Find More Posts by W. X. Davis
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,192 Posts
Thanx for all.the instant input guys...
I didn't buy it specifically for the stang I bought.for.my.tempest ..but I thought if I can kill 2 birds with one batt ....I'm in need of some higher mah 4 cells....im still recovering from the shock of a 100 6s that I destroyed after 5 flights in my mig15...
Wasn't a bad deal ..I wouldn't have bought otherwise
Retail...60
I pay'd 24
I know in the p51 I will only get 5 mins but when I get my hand in on a model the fun comes as.the lipo is in its last few mins....its just having that little bit more time at the field I'm getting near 10mins in the 3200...so if I get another flight for 5mins I will b happy
Thanx again chaps
And I hope Santa leaves u all something great!!

Jeff
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Today, 01:06 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
nag....way back to the original PZ Ferocious Frankie belly lander,.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
Yup. Had a lot of fun, didn't we?
Still do with the ole PZ Stangs!!

Does this mean we've grown up?
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam