SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined May 2008
19 Posts
Discussion
Brushless ESC with reverse

I am looking for the smallest ESC which can handle a 700W motor/45A.

It needs to have reverse, but it also needs to have the reverse type that allows you to have the stick at full forward and when it goes to the middle it stops the motor, and then when its pulled to minimum the motor has full speed the opposite way. I know that some esc has this thing that makes you break the motor and then push stick forward an inch and then back to enter reverse, such a regulator is not usable for my purpose.

Any recomandations for a regulator where size is critical?

Cheers Kim
skatun is offline Find More Posts by skatun
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Jun 2010
37 Posts
This does what you're asking for, I recommended the 60A over the 45A as it should run cooler, allowing you to remove the fan, making it smaller. You can also remove the plastic casing if space is really critical.
x5252x is offline Find More Posts by x5252x
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined May 2008
19 Posts
Reverse

Doesn't that one have the reverse issue? that you need to brake first than back to neutral and then reverse?
skatun is offline Find More Posts by skatun
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Jun 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatun View Post
Doesn't that one have the reverse issue? that you need to brake first than back to neutral and then reverse?
It's a feature, not an issue. Yes that ESC does have it, but it's programmable to either be forward only, forward then reverse (what you want), or forward, brake, reverse (what you don't want).

You can also set the drag brake, which is how much the car slows down when the stick is in the neutral position, by default it is 0%, but it can be as high as 20%.
x5252x is offline Find More Posts by x5252x