Closed Thread
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:07 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post
1. I was arguing that Bush And Blair were not conspiracy theorists. If you suggest that they were outright lying about Iraq and WMD's, then you are also implying that they did not believe in a conspiracy.
That doesn't answer the question.

Quote:
2. According to that definition, which btw, is not mine, yes.
Do you agree with it, or not?

Quote:
3. Of course there's evidence; there's no conclusive evidence.
No there is no evidence, only unconfirmed information, which isn't the same as evidence.

''Iran wants to build a nuclear weapon.'' There you go. Now you have unconfirmed information on a computer which suggests Iran wants to build a nuclear weapon.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
That doesn't answer the question.

Do you agree with it, or not?

No there is no evidence, only unconfirmed information, which isn't the same as evidence.

''Iran wants to build a nuclear weapon.'' There you go. Now you have unconfirmed information on a computer which suggests Iran wants to build a nuclear weapon.

Dusty
I don't know what Bush and Blair believed. I believe it's possible they believed flawed intelligence.

It makes sense to me, and is probably applicable in many cases.

Confirmed evidence is proof.

Two of your questions are about my personal beliefs.

Why do you care?
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
You don't? Some one,thing,person and/or country had to "pay". If you let something like 911 "slide" what will they do next?
So it doesn't matter whether the "someone" who had to pay was innocent or guilty, just so long as you don't let 9/11 slide?

And what if it was an inside job? Is it OK that innocents die to carry out the NWO agenda that's under way?

I would worry about what's going around coming around, or bad karma or whatever you might want to call it...
AbuSabri is offline Find More Posts by AbuSabri
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
The very definition of conspiracy thinking. No one is speaking out because "they were threatened". As if a government who would supposedly slaughter over 3000 of its own citizens would just tell people to "keep quiet" and hope they don't reveal the "real story".
There is no need for them to fear, as they are fully covered by an exercise that happened at the very same time, that - surprise, surprise - had the IDENTICAL plot to what really happened - and so they can always find cover under the excuse they were participating in the "exercise" if anybody discovered any suspicious activity...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:08 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,126 Posts
Quote:
I believe evidence is compelling if a child old can understand it in a few sentences.
A 1-hour youtube video holds no value to me.

My passions are:

- Trying to make the world a better place
- The well being of my family
- Personal pleasures (includes playing music and model airplanes).
Good passions but, what if I transcript it for you to read instead, since you refuse to play ball in todays fashion of information sharing, by video?

Putting your head in the sand or ignoring information that could very well be true doesn't make it false.

Here is an even better Documentary I found and am watching now.

ZERO An Investigation Into 9/11 (FULL documentary) (1 hr 44 min 55 sec)

The Itallian Nobel Prize winner makes 9/11 NIST report completely laughable.

Mr. Rodriguez was hailed a HERO at first, commended by GWB and a photo op at the white house because he had the master key to open doors and save many lives later, to be smeared, need a lawyer, lose everything and his house yet he stands his ground and holds true to his story of the bombs going off in the basement before the explosions below, The kitchens were run on electricity, not gas as was tried to dismiss his testimony.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:19 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Not at all. Building 7 collapsed under its own weight after fire weakened the structure, end of story.

The first minute of the video is meaningless, emotional, hype. Why should we waste more time, hoping to glean some facts from among the tripe?
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Not at all. Building 7 collapsed under its own weight after fire weakened the structure, end of story.

The first minute of the video is meaningless, emotional, hype. Why should we waste more time, hoping to glean some facts from among the tripe?
Yup. Like I said, it's now a religion.
Last edited by AbuSabri; Mar 31, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:06 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuSabri View Post
Yup. Like I said, it's now a religion.
Or Engineering.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Or Engineering.
Yeah - Engineering LIES!

"People should be ashamed for not seeking the truth" (father of 9/11 victim taking in ZERO video above)
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:49 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuSabri View Post
Yeah - Engineering LIES!
Sorry, Engineering does not lie.

Quote:
"People should be ashamed for not seeking the truth" (father of 9/11 victim taking in ZERO video above)
I don't want to lessen any father's loss or grief, but just because he's grieving, that doesn't make him right.

I have looked at the 9/11 events in detail, and there simply is no conspiracy, and those who promote conspiracy explanations of the events, simply lie, or repeat lies started by others.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:53 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Good passions but, what if I transcript it for you to read instead, since you refuse to play ball in todays fashion of information sharing, by video?

Putting your head in the sand or ignoring information that could very well be true doesn't make it false.
Just to point out that such information sharing by video of conspiracy theorists is probably the least effective means of sharing information. Normal folks are highly unlikely to click on a link to a video, such as that you have just posted, to view the lunatic rants of conspiracy theorists for 1hr44m.

If the video has any point to it then a summation of that in a few short paragraphs will have far greater impact because it is only a particular type of person who will waste an hour and three quarters in viewing such a video.

Quote:
Here is an even better Documentary I found and am watching now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRMrMdn0NQ

Mr. Rodriguez was hailed a HERO at first, commended by GWB and a photo op at the white house because he had the master key to open doors and save many lives later, to be smeared, need a lawyer, lose everything and his house yet he stands his ground and holds true to his story of the bombs going off in the basement before the explosions below, The kitchens were run on electricity, not gas as was tried to dismiss his testimony.
It's a hour and three quarters long. People are simply not going to spend that amount of time watching a CT video, unless they already buy into that nonsense.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:46 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
If the video has any point to it then a summation of that in a few short paragraphs will have far greater impact because it is only a particular type of person who will waste an hour and three quarters in viewing such a video.

It's a hour and three quarters long. People are simply not going to spend that amount of time watching a CT video, unless they already buy into that nonsense.
Very well put.
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:12 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,092 Posts
I tried watching the clip, but my mind kept wandering to this:
Quote:
And there shall in that time be rumours of things going astray, and there will be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base, that has an attachment…at this time, a friend shall lose his friends’s hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before around eight o’clock...
Up&Away is online now Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:19 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,675 Posts
Quality
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
I don't know what Bush and Blair believed. I believe it's possible they believed flawed intelligence.
It seems to be fairly obvious that they didn't believe what they were telling us. Here is just one example I came across today, about the Iraqi defector,''Curveball.''

Quote:
His lies were presented as "facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence" by Colin Powell, US Secretary of State, when making the case for war at the UN Security Council in February 2003.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-7606236.html
Quote:
Confirmed evidence is proof.
Of course it is. That does not detract from the fact that there is no evidence that Iran want's to build a nuclear weapon, only unconfirmed information. The article above describes a good example of ''unconfirmed information.'' If you think there is evidence that Iran wants to build a nuclear weapon, what is the evidence?

Quote:
Two of your questions are about my personal beliefs.

Why do you care?
Because it relates to the discussion.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Closed Thread