SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
Learning on Dynam E Razor 450 PLZZZ HELP

Hello all,

Ive got myself back into this hobby and lovin it! Having said that Ive gone to a outdoor CX heli to the E Razor Can anyone tell me a way to adjust or trim this beast for less aggressive flight? Also if anyone has any solid tips on flying something like my Dynam I would really apreciate it. Im on the gulf coast and so far have been unable to find any heli instructors. Thanks for the help yall happy flying!!!
heliferret is offline Find More Posts by heliferret
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:59 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Did you get it as an rtf or a barebones?
The reason for asking is that it's easy to use the wrong kV motor and end up with a head speed that's too high. As I found when I bought the one I had (barebone) the gearing is designed for 2750kV motor and putting in the standard Trex/clone motor (~3500kV) tends to supercharge it somewhat and give a very aggressive feel.
Otherwise you can set it up with throttle and pitch curve adjustment (and expo) to make it as gentle as a fixed pitch until you get the feel for it.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:30 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
higher headspeed makes a heli more stable and considerably more dangerous.... you need to set your dual rates at 80% and expo at around -30% except for the rudder, leave that at 100%,that makes it a bit more mushie. best solution is a simulator..
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
Im always at the office so had to get the RTF "wanna build one soon."
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
Ive got myself the Dynam 6ch sim loging some time on that. The Tx that my kit came with is plane rubbish Ive got my exp set @ 100 rudder @ 100 but dont have a clue as to how to set my dual rates. I just noticed that after 3 training flights that a servo was stripped out so Ive ordered metal ones plus a Detrum GY48V HH 3D Gyro. Would maxing out the gain make flight stable so to speak?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
maxing out the gain on the gyro will make the tail wag violently.
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
I have not noted a loose tail but she will .360 in a sec lol. I was able to find a bit of info on how to set up and trim this to stock 0 and learn that the dip switch up really means off. I want to get a DX6 Tx but not to sure on how to set that and trim everything on something like that. I really just need to find a heli pilot in the area I do think.... And thank you for your advise Cable Guy