HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:00 PM
On Windy Days I Brew Beer
Joined Apr 2005
29 Posts
AeroBird/Slowstick Questions

Sorry for the double post guys. I'm real new to this hobby and I have a few questions.

I guess about 2 years ago, my wife bought me an Aerobird for my b-day. I took it to the local field to get some help flying it before I wrecked it myself. (THe guys at the local field were great guys and very helpful, but were decidedly anti-electric...) anyway, my Aerobird even with the elevon horns set for max throw would barly turn left and almost wouldn't turn to the right. I did buy and aerobatic tail for the plane, but have not tried it yey. Any of you guys experience this with the older version of the Aerobird?

Last question... this year, my wife got me a everything I need to fly electric... a slow stick, 4 ch radio, charger, battery ect.

THe Slow stick is a blast and I have flown it on just about every windless day we've had in NW Arkansas. I'm concerned a little about how I have the plane trimmed and balanced however. On take off it climbs steeply (up to about 6 ft) and just about when it looks like it's going to stall, I have to nose it over, get the nose a little down to build up airspeed and then climb out more gently. Is this how this plane should fly... it's a totally stock Slow stick. and I'm using a 7 cell battery pack.

Cheers!
Steve
BeerFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeerFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:23 PM
Snohomish County, Wa.
Joined Jul 2004
365 Posts
Try bending the stick very slightly just aft of the motor mount. Try adding 2 or 3 degrees nose-down thrust angle. Pretty much all planes need this (as well as maybe some right thrust angle) but the Slowstick doesn't have it as it comes in the box.

-dm
mccrohan is offline Find More Posts by mccrohan
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:21 PM
Joined Jun 2004
682 Posts
The SS may be a bit tail heavy. Try sliding the wing backward a bit to move the CG forward.

Jerry
DoctorFive is offline Find More Posts by DoctorFive