HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:02 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Does anyone know if the telemetry data on the Royal Pro 9 Channel M-Link system, especially the GPS can be displayed in imperial units. MPH, feet etc.

Thanks.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
Augsburg, Germany
Joined May 2005
186 Posts
Hello,

the homepage says:

"The following data is displayed as standard on the transmitter screen or the Telemetry-Display:

• Speed (3D) in km/hr
• Altitude above launch point in metres (m)
• Range (3D) in metres (m) / distance"

Gernot
Dr._Gernot is offline Find More Posts by Dr._Gernot
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:41 PM
Gravity always laughs last
USA, PA, Milford
Joined Feb 2008
255 Posts
Tx accessories

I'm looking for another button stick; see picture. Anyone have an extra or know a source for one?
Cadzilla
AKA LowTek, spartaju, RichK
cadzilla is offline Find More Posts by cadzilla
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
Augsburg, Germany
Joined May 2005
186 Posts
Hello,

not so easy to find a store in the USA.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPVR1

Gernot
Dr._Gernot is offline Find More Posts by Dr._Gernot
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, Glos
Joined Feb 2009
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
Does anyone know if the telemetry data on the Royal Pro 9 Channel M-Link system, especially the GPS can be displayed in imperial units. MPH, feet etc.

Thanks.
I haven't got the GPS sensor but do have the Vario, there's nothing in the menus that lets you change the units so I suspect not. Maybe if M Link is ever exported to the US they will do an update to provide that option.
FrankS is offline Find More Posts by FrankS
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:02 PM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
390 Posts
New Multiplex Tx

Is the new Profi Tx going to be sold in the US?

Link to German site

http://www.multiplex-rc.de/en/produc...wshopitems_pi1[action]=show&tx_lwshopitems_pi1[controller]=Product&cHash=51e3db7d06f512ce66695df7a0e723c7

Seems like a pity if it's not, looks very nice
Graham 65 is online now Find More Posts by Graham 65
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
Zadar, Croatia
Joined Aug 2010
135 Posts
Here is video description of Telemetry Display in combination with SM-Modellbau GPS-Logger:
MPX Telemetry Display with SM GPS-Logger (3 min 24 sec)
ddark is offline Find More Posts by ddark
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,492 Posts
Royal Evo 9

Can someone advise me how to set up a plane which has a throttle? Seems a stupid q but this is mainly my glider TX and I'm a bit confused doing 1 for the 1st time.

Ok, 1st, when I power the TX up it always says 'throttle to idle', which means I need to move the throttle up and down. I'm used to this being needed the first time an esc is connected, but it seems strange it keeps asking for it.

Secondly, throttle cut activates the throttle to 100%! It scared the out of me when I checked it, but no harm done as I was holding the plane with the prop away from me. I was trying to make it a throttle cut so the throttle stick was either active or not, so how do I do that?

And lastly, how do I program a mix which actvates a % of throttle, but keeps the throttle stick active so I can go to 100% if needed? Hoping this will help for doing consistant hand launches on a plane that has some torque roll.

Ideally it'll be 1 of the '3' positon swiches I use (throttle inactive, active, x% for launch....),but I can work it out once I know the mixes I need....I think...

I'm a bit reluctant to start programming and then try the mixes etc due to getting the 'throttle cut' wrong so any advice will be great. Thanks.
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:23 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
feefo: your evo has reversed throttle in setting (or perhaps You use Futaba ESC that use full power at cut position and stops at full). I guess it is forced to work right by throttle chanel "servo reverse" in servo calibration - but there is more possible paths to achieve this problem.
At first, verify (in servo monitor screen) whether ESC needs full signal (channel bar is full up) to stop (stay off), or it is normally off with bar down at -100%

You may setup anything in EVO so that it match your needs, but the setup is to be done in tx/Assignment - there are few (up to 5) assignment schems, fully moddificable. But this part is common for all models in memories, using the same scheme.. So if You use "Throttle" as an input to some glider mixes, it would cause troubles if you would just change it.
Look into model memory menu, to see which scheme is used in Your gliders. It should be row "Assignment:Glider", "Assignment:Motor" or so. Choose another assignment scheme for your 1st motor plane, to avoid unwanted change of behavior of old memories.
In TX/Assignment, You may edit it or create whole new where You have to assign all named controls and switches, to physical sticks one by one..
When assigning stick or switch to named control, also the direction to which you move it, is stored. You need to use this, to let your Evo work right.
(The warning at power up, requests You to pull down throttle before it starts transmitting, to avoid arming the plane unintentionaly - and in Your current setup it is set to full throttle).

We often do not use Mix for throttle at all, just a bypass where output is assigned directly to control (Throttle). You may create new mix with some conditional assignments, but I guess that using Flight Phases (exactly as You mentioned 3-pos switch) where some Offset is assigned (in Controls menu) to Throttle, is more simple..
But I have no experience with it, to know what features are enabled on Throttle, specifficaly.. It is a pitty that the simplest ever approach that set motor idle for gas plane, just by throttle trim, lets you use only small fraction of travel - I guess that it is not applicable here.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:53 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,492 Posts
Coro, thanks for the reply. Yes you're right, throttle seems reversed, servo calibration screen and throttle contol screen show they work in opposite ( 1 goes left to right, the other right to left). I'll restart and take it from there. Think I'll hook up a low power esc and motor to check the mixes/ assignments just in case.

Thanks again
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:12 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,968 Posts
feefo,

Remove the prop for additional safety during your testing. I have been cut by a prop before, and I assure you that it is no fun.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:10 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,290 Posts
+1

Good advice!
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:48 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,492 Posts
Well I managed to sort out the throttle idle prob, I now don't get asked to set throttle to idle, AND throttle cut now cuts the throttle...yay!!

I haven't managed to do a throttle hold mix, but it's no biggie.

I actually connected a differerent cheap esc and motor to do my checking, but good advice none the less.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:15 PM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
If you use flight phases on the switch, you can use trim on the throttle channel for the launch phase throttle up. That does require you keep all phases trim synchronized yourself, so if it's a plane which needs trimming often, might be annoying (I run nearly every plane this way).
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old May 02, 2012, 10:06 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,492 Posts
I'm not sure flight phases will help as it's a Funjet it's being used on. Only other way I can think of is to do an additional throttle mix which limits the throttle to say 70%. Put that on a switch which over-rides the throttle at 100% and I think it'll work, needs to be tested 1st but if it doesn't, it doesn't matter.