HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:32 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Sep 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
I haven't gotten the second pilot back from Greg yet.

Find a opening some where between the canopy and the cockpit where it's not glued down good. Start at that point and slide a hobby knife in and slowly cut the rubber glue loose lifting the canopy up as you go. Eventually you'll get to a point where the canopy will lift right off. Take your time 'cuz you don't want to cut the foam or scratch the paint.

Sandancer thanks for the info on getting my Pilot in the cockpit. I tried another approach and cut a hole in the bottom of the cockpit. It work great. Got a pilot from Aces of Iron painted it and stuck him in there.....Thanks again

Leon
troadus is offline Find More Posts by troadus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:48 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troadus View Post
Sandancer thanks for the info on getting my Pilot in the cockpit. I tried another approach and cut a hole in the bottom of the cockpit. It work great. Got a pilot from Aces of Iron painted it and stuck him in there.....Thanks again

Leon
Doesn't matter how you get 'em there! That AOI Civ. pilot is made for the T-28 IMO. You did a great job on the painting!

I like to tint my canopies so that's why I remove 'em.
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:20 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Hi Sundancer- thanks for your efforts to make this thread- just got teh ARF version of this plane- can you tell me where i can get the AOI Civ. pilot? I googled it but nothing came up..are there any must have mods you recommend for this plane?- I think I definitely want to exchange the front nose wheel for a larger 2-2.5 inch one..
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
25 Posts
Help, need suggestion

Looks like you are very familiar w this plane's innards. I purchased the RTF version. Just found that the nose wheel steering is reversed from the rudder. Any suggestions on fix?
Rallyden is offline Find More Posts by Rallyden
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
25 Posts
I think it's the simulated lower cowl.

[QUOTE=patsyw26;18650167]Can anyone tell me what this extra piece is for? It seems to be left over in the kit!

You can see the indentation on the lower left (I think) cowl area. Not sure why anyone would bother if it may just fall off one day.
Rallyden is offline Find More Posts by Rallyden