HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:01 AM
Monson,MA
Joined Mar 2000
524 Posts
SOF SOLE waterproofer is the one I use, i will send a pic later, I would think that any shoe waterproofer would work
Frank Rys is offline Find More Posts by Frank Rys
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
Monson,MA
Joined Mar 2000
524 Posts
Here is the pic
Frank Rys is offline Find More Posts by Frank Rys
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:32 AM
Edgewood, KY (Cincinnati)
Joined Jan 2004
165 Posts
I've seen Future Floor Wax mentioned at a number of free flight forums. You can probably find it on a search of the Free Flight forum here. You can also try the Small Flying Arts forum.

I'm not sure if it's sold in Brazil. In some of the Latin American countries it goes by "Klaro".
Bruno Stachel is offline Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:59 AM
Fly Safe !
SP, Brazil
Joined Jul 2004
329 Posts
Hum. very nice idea. Thanks to all!

Bruno, Future is not sold here, but I have an bottle, Im a plastic modeler too and we use it as varnish on plastic models, my brother brought this botlte to me last time he visited America.

I never read about use future as Dope, like it!
Lucke is offline Find More Posts by Lucke
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
250 Posts
Hey, Lucke-

I have an old Guillow`s Nieuport II kit that I always thought of converting to electric R/C. It`s an old kit- before the crappy laser-cut wood. The only reason I haven`t built it yet is that I fly micro planes and helis that I can fit into small aluminum cases to carry on a motor scooter to a park. The Nieuport would be hard to transport and the wing struts would probably get broken.
If I did build it,I was thinking of covering it with tissue and dope just like I did as a kid building rubber-powered "stick models" from Guillow`s and Comet and Sterling.
Good luck with the Nieuport. It`s a beautiful plane and a nice size kit.
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Dec 14, 2013, 09:48 PM
Fly Safe !
SP, Brazil
Joined Jul 2004
329 Posts
Thank yoy MIG29.

This will be my first micro project. What could be a good setup for motor + esc + prop?

Id like to buy all things first and go to buidling. Im thinking to reinforce the wing struts with some carbon fiber rod or strip maybe.
Lucke is offline Find More Posts by Lucke