Old Jan 19, 2014, 08:48 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,454 Posts
hey kmargos

congratulations for building it, nice job

and good video!

it very nicely shows how it performs in pitch pumps
the video also very nicely shows the backbounce, since it's just one short pronounced backbounce you seem to have adjusted your PID gain and PID I quite well... so, you're video is kind of a good tutorial on how it should look like then PID I is properly adjusted

in order to get rid of the backbounce, you just activate the debounce mechanism (with Debounce CCW=30 and Debounce CW=0 it is inactivated, see the above manual chapter 5.2.) by reducing Debounce CCW step by step (usually a good value is inbetween 7-12)... repeat your turn tests and you will nicely see it's effect, i.e. how the machanism suddenly "anticipates" and eats away the backbounce. With just adjusting Debounce CCW you should be able to get rid of most of the backbounce in both directions (if the mechanics and servo end point parameters are set up well). You might be happy enough at this point. You may however also go in a fine tuning and also set Debounce CW to values above 0 and below 30 for adjusting the debounce in both directions independently. Don't touch the De-/Acceleration Limit values (see chapters 5.2, 5.3)

since you're obviously airborne, may I put you on my list on my web page?

cheers, Olli
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:43 AM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
thanks OillW got it working the video help alot
nathan
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:06 PM
Joined Oct 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
hey kmargos

congratulations for building it, nice job

and good video!

it very nicely shows how it performs in pitch pumps
the video also very nicely shows the backbounce, since it's just one short pronounced backbounce you seem to have adjusted your PID gain and PID I quite well... so, you're video is kind of a good tutorial on how it should look like then PID I is properly adjusted

in order to get rid of the backbounce, you just activate the debounce mechanism (with Debounce CCW=30 and Debounce CW=0 it is inactivated, see the above manual chapter 5.2.) by reducing Debounce CCW step by step (usually a good value is inbetween 7-12)... repeat your turn tests and you will nicely see it's effect, i.e. how the machanism suddenly "anticipates" and eats away the backbounce. With just adjusting Debounce CCW you should be able to get rid of most of the backbounce in both directions (if the mechanics and servo end point parameters are set up well). You might be happy enough at this point. You may however also go in a fine tuning and also set Debounce CW to values above 0 and below 30 for adjusting the debounce in both directions independently. Don't touch the De-/Acceleration Limit values (see chapters 5.2, 5.3)

since you're obviously airborne, may I put you on my list on my web page?

cheers, Olli
Tanks Olliw, I'll follow their advice.I'll try to record more videos tomorrow

Can put me on your list
kmargos is offline Find More Posts by kmargos
Old Feb 09, 2014, 01:10 AM
Joined Oct 2013
6 Posts
Olliw, i can save the original firmware in my PC, or the original Firmware is protected and is impossible save? The firmware 2013 is very good no had problems.
Old Feb 09, 2014, 06:31 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmargos View Post
i can save the original firmware in my PC, or the original Firmware is protected and is impossible save?
The original firmware cannot be saved. The processors lock bits are set to protect the original firmware.
steidlmick is offline Find More Posts by steidlmick
Old Mar 01, 2014, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2013
6 Posts
Hi olliw ,

Comparing with gyro firmwares manufactures and home made.
Configurations:

Gain Input=Set Gain& Mode
Gyro Mode=Heading Hold
Rate Gain=0.7
PID Gain=0.8
PID I =10.5
Debounce CCW=10
Debounce CW=10
Decel Limit R =30
Decel Limit R =0
Rudd Mid Mode= Auto
Rudd Mid= 00us
Rudd Dead Band= 08us (I think 8us for DS 525 align is better)

You can share the video, if you want

The Video
HK 500 GA 250 Olliw Firmware Vs Align 500 Original Firmware (13 min 40 sec)

Thanks!!!!!!!

Extra video
Olliw's GA250 Firmware (1 min 59 sec)
Last edited by kmargos; Mar 01, 2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 05:58 PM
Joined Oct 2013
6 Posts
Hi olliw ,

when increased the D / R rudder on the transmitter above 60%. I move the stick and the helicopter starts to spin slowly then rapidly spinning the tail is out of control momentarily. This is the parameter of the RUDD RATE? If yes how to change?

It seems that the stick deliver more signal rapidly and slowly turning the tail does not follow that speed and when I release the stick the helicopter rotates rapidly to reach the calculated point.

I'm sorry for bad English, I hope you understand.