HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:10 PM
Joined May 2011
25 Posts
Discussion
some advice please

hi guys
i've been flying my MSR for a few weeks now. i'm currently down waiting on parts to come in the mail. i've been flying about 6 to 8 batteries each day inside and outside depending on the weather. still crashing but having fun.
i ordered the dx6i but who knows when that will come in. i'm really interested in getting the (skills) MCPX. i was hoping that when i got the new radio i could have the new heli shipped with it but now i''m wondering if and when.
so, do you think i should order the RTF mcpx or wait for the dx6i and save the money for extra parts?
also any ideas from you guys on when the radios will come out, seems everyone is waiting for one. i think that horizon hobby doesn't even have a RTF MCPX right now.

thanks
rob
robert214 is offline Find More Posts by robert214
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:56 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert214 View Post
hi guys
i've been flying my MSR for a few weeks now. i'm currently down waiting on parts to come in the mail. i've been flying about 6 to 8 batteries each day inside and outside depending on the weather. still crashing but having fun.
i ordered the dx6i but who knows when that will come in. i'm really interested in getting the (skills) MCPX. i was hoping that when i got the new radio i could have the new heli shipped with it but now i''m wondering if and when.
so, do you think i should order the RTF mcpx or wait for the dx6i and save the money for extra parts?
also any ideas from you guys on when the radios will come out, seems everyone is waiting for one. i think that horizon hobby doesn't even have a RTF MCPX right now.

thanks
rob
You can go to HH an find a LHS in your area that has a BNF or RTF. Look under store locator put in zip code this will give you all LHS. Might as well get RTF on dx6i you will have to learn how to program it. I bought my first mcpx from HobbyZone. Most LHS stock the mcpx. Doesn't matter who you buy your heli from HH will still cover the warranty.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:11 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
If you do get the mcp x it's nothing like the msr, it's faster and likes to roll, if you start heading one way it will continue to go that way until you correct it, lots of correcting compared to the msr or it will slip away from you real quick. I would advise flying it outdoors until you are very comfortable with it, over a field of grass is best. I still don't fly my mcp x indoors, I enjoy it outdoors where you can let it rip.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Jun 15, 2011, 04:52 AM
Joined May 2011
25 Posts
thanks, i can't really fly my msr at home indoors, i can hover and move a few feet but not really fly. my home is small. i get my real flying done out doors. i can even fly in 5 - 10 mph wind, i like the challenge of the wind but it does get a bit frustrating.
i can fly indoors at my work where the break room is very large and no wind. i would try and learn the mcpx outdoors over grass. i've been reading up on the mcpx to try and learn how to fly it while waiting on the purchase as well as get lots of time on the msr. i tried a friends sim and flew a 400 class cp and did manage to get it through some flights but i only did that for one evening.
rob
robert214 is offline Find More Posts by robert214
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:06 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
The msr is fun outdoors, most think of it as a indoor heli but I fly it most outdoors. Even when the wind picks up it's still fun!
BLADE MSR in crazy heavy monsoon wind (1 min 18 sec)
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:42 PM
United States, FL, Margate
Joined Oct 2010
85 Posts
my msr inside

msr inside (1 min 46 sec)
senone is offline Find More Posts by senone