HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Moonbeam, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2009, 10:00 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,141 Posts
Discussion
First Blog

Howdy All!!
I haven't done a blog here, so what the heck, here goes. Yesterday, Saturday the 31st of Jan.) was NOT a great day at the field. I haven't flown in 2 months because of Holidays, crappy weather, schedules, etc. Last time I flew, my poor little Fliton Extra 260 mini ARF bit the dust. On take off it suddenly pitched straight up and the motor quit. And she stalled nose in on the paved runway. Fortunately none of the gear, including the motor, suffered any damage! I was due for a crash. I haven't had anything worse than ripped off landing gear in almost 9 months. My friends were crashing plenty, so it's only fair it was my turn.
Well, so 1 of my 4 planes was toast. I didn't expect Saturday to be the completion of my share of wrecks but it was. Mostly minor. My lil Hacker Reno Racer must have had a battery issue. I charged everything the night before, but don't have a tester to check the juice. It seemed under powered on launch, and dove for the ground. I pulled it out just in time to slide across the paved runway and strip the aileron servo. My F-15 had a hard flop too. Missed the grass and smacked the runway cracking the foam around the motor mount stick. A little 5 minute epoxy fixed that.
The heart breaker was my Park Zone P-51. I've changed out the gear to better electronics and gave it a custom paint job. It had 39 flights without a single mishap. Then on approach for landing I misjudged my alt and distance. I thought, "yeah I'm clear of the small pine trees." But I was just behind one lil ole tree that had about a foot more height than I expected. Whap!! Caught it with the right wing and ripped the wing off. Already have a new one being painted. That was the only damage to it.
So all in all, it wasn't a really bad day. Could have been worse!!

I now also have an Electrifly Ultimate Bi Plane on the way. Will be here on Wednesday. I plan to bring my only four flying planes to SEFF 2009. Should be a blast!!!!
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts