Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:12 AM
Discovering the joys of flying
Brazil, SC, Joinville
Joined Aug 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebianDave View Post
God damn you benedikt, I just found your website My wallet must be shivering
I bought a bunch of motors from him and a few days ago, I've ordered a SpeederQuad kit. By the quality of the motors, the kit must be awesome! Just need to find some good batteries for it.
Adilson is online now Find More Posts by Adilson
Old Sep 21, 2014, 04:55 PM
proud to be orange!
Australia, NSW, Avoca Beach
Joined Jul 2013
1,527 Posts
Sorry Dave
I'm making as little advertisement as possible to keep up with demand

The SpeederQuad kits combine everything we learned in over 1 year of intense tinkering with the PocketQuad, the MicroMWC and countless RTFs (Ready To be Forced).

I'm not posting much here anymore lately since all my PQ boards have died by now in one way or another.
So let me grab this chance and say again: "thanks everyone in this thread for your hard work and dedication!" It provided the foundation for the Micro Motor Mission
benedikt is online now Find More Posts by benedikt
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM
Brazil, SC, Joinville
Joined Aug 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
Sorry Dave
I'm making as little advertisement as possible to keep up with demand

The SpeederQuad kits combine everything we learned in over 1 year of intense tinkering with the PocketQuad, the MicroMWC and countless RTFs (Ready To be Forced).
Hi Benedikt

Do you have any battery recommendations for your SpeederQuad?

TIA
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM
proud to be orange!
Joined Jul 2013
1,527 Posts
750mah nanotech from HK work OK for the price
500mah Hubsan is OK too
Latrax Alias batts are excellent, and I heard the Lectron ones are even better.
And I just got the Menace. The batteries performed better than the Alias batts on the bench. I will test them soon on the SpeederQuad too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM
Brazil, SC, Joinville
Joined Aug 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
750mah nanotech from HK work OK for the price
500mah Hubsan is OK too
Latrax Alias batts are excellent, and I heard the Lectron ones are even better.
And I just got the Menace. The batteries performed better than the Alias batts on the bench. I will test them soon on the SpeederQuad too.
Is there any advantage is using those two last ones? They are really expensive compared to the, say, nanotechs. Is the price differnece worth it?
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Benedikt, I am intreagued about you CF H-frame, it will be the ideal little brother to my M250 Would you say this is would work:

Frame
http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...carbon-micro-h

+

Motors
http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...cts/cl-0820-17

+

FC
http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...onics/alienwii

+

VTX (1.2g with wire)
http://www.fpvhobby.com/transmitter/...ansmitter.html

+

Cam (1g with wire)
http://www.fpvhobby.com/63-1-gram-na...ra-480tvl.html

+

Wide angle lens (1.5g)
http://www.fpvhobby.com/138-wide-ang...no-camera.html

If it would lift it, what sort of battery would I need to achieve the golden 5 minute mark with ~3.5g - 5g of FPV kit, or is that a pipe dream?
DebianDave is offline Find More Posts by DebianDave
Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
proud to be orange!
Joined Jul 2013
1,527 Posts
Adilson, the only reason I have such batts is because one came with the Menace, and I got one as spare, what I usually do with RTFs. Bench tests and also flight tests seem to indicate that they are even better than the Alias batteries.
My stack of nano-techs is getting tired, and since we have pretty much sorted the motor, FC and frames questions, I think I should dig more into batteries next.

My plan is to put my thoughts and results on battery testing into a form that others can use to contribute results, and we can compare cell performance without everyone buying the lot.

Dave, point 1-3 on your list will be fine. Although I assume you will be better off with the -15 motors. The extra Kv of the -17s are only producing more heat when you don't let them spin but bog them down with payload.
We are currently making the frame in a slightly larger version, to fit the AlienFC and payload better, plus providing more clearance for the props. Weight stays almost identical.
To connect your cam gear, you might need a voltage filter to get rid of the static. I use Pololu 5V stepups for that.
The big question will be the battery. Somewhere between 500 and 750mah might be the sweet spot. As per above, I plan to find out
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:06 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Thanks Benedikt With the winter drawing in I feel it's time to go MICRO! I will be watching your threads and website with interest, many thanks for all your hard work!
Old Today, 03:21 AM
proud to be orange!
Joined Jul 2013
1,527 Posts
Dave, the summer is creeping in here, and I will produce enough footage to keep you guys warm
For an indoor fun rig - I think there is little what rivals the 0615 motors with Micro MWC on a nQX frame.
Light, responsive and durable. Coil choice depending on the desired adrenaline level.
Very enjoyable acro quad, but I have seen folks successfully strapping FPV gear onto such thing and fly indoors with it.

Your parts list above will produce a 50-60g quad that will be more at home in the park. Flying it in my backyard feels quite constrained already. The total weight with the heavy motors and other gear will make you break props quickly indoors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:17 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
I have a H107L X4 already, how much better are we talking I am looking into abandoned industrial buildings near me, just outside of London. There is already an "urban exploring" scene where folks trespass and take arty photos... I was thinking doing similar but with a micro FPV platform