|Feb 18, 2013, 09:00 AM|
Ok lets face it . I can add all the add on to the Tiger 1 I want and there are more to come but even after adding some damage its still missing something. I know weathering. I see many good looking weathering jobs. Is there an easy way to weather this Tiger 1.
|Feb 19, 2013, 03:00 PM|
Joined Feb 2013
I have just completed my first Heng Long Tiger. There are some pics on my earlier posts. I learned to weather it from watching lots of videos on YouTube.
Breaking it down into stages, I guess this is how I went about it;
1. Battle damage. This bit is both fun and a little scary. A hot knife to cut the side fenders into individual panels. A little heat and start bending the edges to create the effect of shell damage. Heat, moulding, scuffing, etc.
2. Dark shadows and rust. Adding shadows to edges and corners, etc. then rust on the exhausts and on hinges, handles, etc.
3. Then a light wash of grey over the model. Adding extra layers on edges and corners.
4. Camo pattern applied with a brush. In my case grey with white.
5. Light wash over the model in very thin acrylic. Then rubbing back with alcohol on cotton buds.
6. A few more dark features, little rust and oil spots. Then finally adding mud and weathering on the lower hull.
7. I've also just added a final touch of snow on the front too.
Hope this helps!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Weather Balloon Tethering Help!||Albatross Enigma||Blimps||3||Oct 25, 2013 12:09 PM|
|Sold||La Crosse Weather Pro 2317 Weather station NIB *Sold*||jbj620||Non R/C Items (FS/W)||4||Feb 17, 2013 01:16 PM|
|Discussion||FPV Speed Racer Quad - Cold Weather (-12deg C) Flying around Ice Fisherman||wac||Multirotor Talk||7||Jan 11, 2013 12:55 AM|
|Whoops!||This is why we talk about the weather a lot...||Norman Adlam||Life, The Universe, and Politics||32||Jan 05, 2013 05:41 PM|
|Discussion||FPV Speed Racer Quad - Cold Weather (-12deg C) Flying around Ice Fisherman||wac||FPV Talk||0||Jan 02, 2013 04:29 PM|