HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,706 Posts
Does anyone know if helidirect offered a coupon code at the NEAT show/fair? I'd like to buy the FMA charger but I can't get them to reply to my request for price match...10% off from the manufacturer.
Fidelity101 is online now Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,199 Posts
Telephone?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
Go fast, pull up.
Joined Nov 2008
1,706 Posts
I've tried several times and they haven't picked up...because they're apparently at the NEAT fair. I can keep trying I guess but I was hoping they'd have a coupon code and save me a telephone call.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,199 Posts
Call their booth at the fair or ask someone to pass a message?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Go fast, pull up.
Joined Nov 2008
1,706 Posts
There is a number for the booth?
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,234 Posts
Neat fair ended a week ago sunday
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
Go fast, pull up.
Joined Nov 2008
1,706 Posts
I think I'm finding my answer in a round about way. Either there are no codes or nobody is willing to share it.

I guess I'll just have to wait. Thanks all
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
Yes .. same Paraboard. I charged ALOT at NEAT .. could almost guarantee I used the same port since but I will check tonight for any signs of discoloration etc. I've never got around to putting a card in (stupid as I've got lots of old 2gig cards).

thanks for detailing your happening.

I will now make it a habit of observing pack/cell voltage after a charge.

As a side note, while bringing all my packs to storage voltage last nite (mostly discharge routine) it was the first time I gave the charger a serious discharge workout with only its internal capabilities .. no magic smoke was let out. I figured I'd take soneone's advice posted earlier and beat the crap out of it while its still under warranty

So .. any advice on my hyper-volted pack ? it was only $10 so tossing it is no huge loss
The discoloration in the white balance plug near the hot fuse is subtle. If you ever see weird results again during a charge, put your finger on the different white squares (the polyfuses), see if any are hot. If one is hot, it has tripped for some reason. When it cools, it will reset and allow current to flow again.

Note that some are on the underside of the board; you might be able to feel the heat through the board, or maybe also feel the back side of the board's case.

Oh, the charger takes a MicroSD card, not standard SD size.

My event highlighted an "unintentional" risk of a fully-fused parallel board. If a fuse trips for an "illegitimate" reason (again, I was charging a single pack; how could a fuse trip for a real reason in that case?), you can get a cell that's still low, without realizing it. If I'd been parallel charging, it's possible I wouldn't have noticed the issue with the one cell.

Now I'm more careful to try and check cell voltages with a checker before flying a pack, in case something went wrong.

FMA's MPA board (the original fully-fused board) has heat-sensitive tape over the polyfuses. If one trips, the tape turns red. If I could buy that sort of tape inexpensively, I'd put it over the top-mounted fuses, to try and give me a clue of a problem.

As for the pack, that's up to you. The safe/conservative approach, as it's inexpensive, is to simply dispose of it safely. Discharge it to near 0V; you can use a NiCd/NiMH charge profile to do this, without the balance lead connected, then throw it away. Or keep a close eye on it, and see how it does.
RedOctobyr is online now Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101 View Post
Does anyone know if helidirect offered a coupon code at the NEAT show/fair? I'd like to buy the FMA charger but I can't get them to reply to my request for price match...10% off from the manufacturer.
You can use Revolectrix coupon code bisb14 for 10% off when ordering from the Revolectrix.com website. The coupon is good for chargers, LiPos, and accessories.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Go fast, pull up.
Joined Nov 2008
1,706 Posts
Thanks Ohmic...I had credit with helidirect.com so it had to be thru them. They did get back to me tonight and I placed my order with the 10% discount.
RCG Plus Member