SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
yep just had a search and it looks to me venom didn't give the VMX the development support Chris knew it deserved all these people racing cars and trucks really don't know what they are missing.
You got it Gaz, its a real shame as the bike is a gem. Lets hope more people start catching on and things start snowballing. It already seems to be taking off in the US. Now if only the local suppliers would stock it here in Australia we'd be set. Parts supply here is minimal as the local supplier imported the VMX and most of its parts but not the MM.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:18 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
You had probably better sit down now the UK does have an importer but the recomended price is 550 thats $883 US so i don't see it becoming common place.But these bikes are begging to be raced.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
You had probably better sit down now the UK does have an importer but the recomended price is 550 thats $883 US so i don't see it becoming common place.But these bikes are begging to be raced.
Holy Gaz. That sat me down . I can land one here in Australia for a total of $530 US which I thought was pretty reasonable considering what's included. No wonder you guys over there don't have many. The racing will happen in the US within a short time I think and here as soon I can convince more people they should get one lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:19 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
I had cars but motorcycles are another thing .

For what I've read, now I know why the RTR GPV-1's are no longer available. Shame.
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:18 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
I had cars but motorcycles are another thing .

For what I've read, now I know why the RTR GPV-1's are no longer available. Shame.
I agree David, a whole different element. Lots more fun for me and seem to have a bit more realism about them. Very cool . It's amazing how many people stop and watch when I run my bikes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I agree David, a whole different element. Lots more fun for me and seem to have a bit more realism about them. Very cool . It's amazing how many people stop and watch when I run my bikes.
I can imagine they asking themselves "How that thing can stay balanced, even on turns? "They must cost a fortune, and that guy must be a genius at driving ", LOL.

David
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
I can imagine they asking themselves "How that thing can stay balanced, even on turns? "They must cost a fortune, and that guy must be a genius at driving ", LOL.

David
They are pretty amazed, I get lots of enquiries.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
To eliminate slop from the front wheel/rim I first super glue the bearing housing in place on the opposite side of the disk and then on the disk side place a piece of plastic sheet and push the disk home. Use a sharp object to poke a hole in it for the axle and all slop gone.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
Just did this last night with leftover plastic from a venom parts bag. Only difference is I used plastic on both sides, no glueing. I have a new rim but was using my old hubs, partly because I have the disk brake hub on left side. You wouldnt think it was a new wheel with all the slop it had man it was awful. Wish I could have driven the bike and before/after the fix to see if I notice anything difference but I doubt my skills are that good anyways. Wheel feels rock solid like a truely new bike wheel would. I need to add this to the site.

Oh while Im hear, not sure but has the tip for shortening the red spacer been posted here. That would be a good one to save before it gets lost as the hot topic in the mm450 bike thread moves on to other topics lol.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Just did this last night with leftover plastic from a venom parts bag. Only difference is I used plastic on both sides, no glueing. I have a new rim but was using my old hubs, partly because I have the disk brake hub on left side. You wouldnt think it was a new wheel with all the slop it had man it was awful. Wish I could have driven the bike and before/after the fix to see if I notice anything difference but I doubt my skills are that good anyways. Wheel feels rock solid like a truely new bike wheel would. I need to add this to the site.

Oh while Im hear, not sure but has the tip for shortening the red spacer been posted here. That would be a good one to save before it gets lost as the hot topic in the mm450 bike thread moves on to other topics lol.
Here is the link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...676391&page=96

Start reading from post #1436.