Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:43 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
New Product
Plantraco Nanoblimp - now available!

Check it out here:

http://www.nanoblimp.com

It is using a 10" diameter latex party balloon. Nice small size, and great fun for aerial dogfight battles - just tape a pointy thing on the front of the balloon.

There are some interesting mapping modes - including an R/C model aircraft mapping that is pretty good for teaching kids to fly a 3CH model plane.

We came up with the idea many years ago, but finally we put it together as a product and it's really a lot of fun!

YouTube here:

Nanoblimp Dogfights (2 min 4 sec)
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:07 PM
The Last Question
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Oct 2006
541 Posts
Haha that cracked me up when he finally popped the other guys blimp.
Entropy76 is offline Find More Posts by Entropy76
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
Will this function using your regular TX? If so, will you be offering the RX/balloon attachment separately?

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
hmmm, interesting!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:58 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
Will this function using your regular TX? If so, will you be offering the RX/balloon attachment separately?

Jay

Yes, it can do that, but I'd like to let you know that the new Nano-X transmitter has negative expo and dual rate for beginners, and some interesting mixing modes not found on the regular HFX900 transmitter.

The Gondola is not presently being sold separately. It's sold as a set. If you check out how the battery is charged, you'll understand why that is.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:59 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy76 View Post
Haha that cracked me up when he finally popped the other guys blimp.

Haha, yeah that's part of the fun - Gambling with friends!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:15 PM
Professional idiot
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2002
3,119 Posts
They are just awesome. Much more suitable for the UK than the AirSwimmers as a lot of us have smaller houses.

Any chance of getting them here in the UK?

Dave
wildpalms is offline Find More Posts by wildpalms
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:22 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
They are just awesome. Much more suitable for the UK than the AirSwimmers as a lot of us have smaller houses.

Any chance of getting them here in the UK?

Dave

You should order one right away if you want one before Christmas. I have a feeling this first production run is going to all be sold out in a week or less. Then we gotta wait for China to rock the assembly line for us. I liked Korean production but the price got too high, so we now do it all in China in hopes of giving you, the discerning R/C enthusiast, the cheap-ass prices you deserve! Haha!

Gotta kick some butt over there in China to get making more, but I'm pretty easy going these days about pushing everyone to get things done. It will come.

We have 2 other fascinating products that are being produced also. Wait till you get a load of the stuff we've been up to.

So We'll have more stock coming soon (soon-ish).
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Plantraco; Nov 26, 2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:33 PM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
Will BSD be carrying these for those of us in the states? I don't mind waiting until after x-mas if I can get the lower shipping.

Nice teaser! Will any of these new products arrive in time for x-mas?

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:41 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
Will BSD be carrying these for those of us in the states? I don't mind waiting until after x-mas if I can get the lower shipping.

Nice teaser! Will any of these new products arrive in time for x-mas?

Jay
I doubt we will offer much margin to dealers to make it worthwhile. If anything you'll be getting it from a larger catalog company or something like that.

But who knows. I'm easy. This is more of a toy product I guess, but there is definitely some cross over to the indoor guys I know.

Regarding more releases before Christmas, I don't think so - no rush to do that - The stuff we are coming out with is pretty unique and will sell at any time of the year.

But these Nanoblimps are pretty fun. The only downside is that you have to adjust ballast often - latex balloons leak like a sieve. And if you use Hi-Float it adds weight, and this affects the flying performance. You can use a bigger mylar balloon, but then the blimp is larger, which I think is bad, and then you have to add a ton of ballast as well, further degrading your performance with the increased mass.

The most fun is to get 2 guys and have dogfights. Then it's really a riot. It really does take some skills. Personally I don't think I can ever be beaten because I'm such an awesome pilot. haha. (kidding)
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:28 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,028 Posts
Awesome, these look like fun! When will they be available?

Edit: nevermind, looks like now Going to see if I can pick up 2 or 3 for christmas, it'll be fun
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,458 Posts
so this will link to the monolith that i have on my futaba? because i much prefer programming that than the stick-at-start method

i also see you finally added this to the line as well: http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...-Rover-900Mhz#
so will this one also link to the monolith?
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:12 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,255 Posts
Forwarded the link to this thread to my boss, if I can get him to bite I may be getting a couple too. Looks like a blast (could be literally if you filled them with hydrogen) Joking of course. It looks like the "pop" sends the winning balloon accross the room anyway.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:34 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,467 Posts
how much are they?
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:32 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk View Post
so this will link to the monolith that i have on my futaba? because i much prefer programming that than the stick-at-start method

i also see you finally added this to the line as well: http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...-Rover-900Mhz#
so will this one also link to the monolith?
Yes, actually you could use the Monolith and control the Nanoblimps if you like.
Site Sponsor