Find More Posts by zezzz38
France, Pays de la Loire, Angers
Joined Jul 2015
98 Posts
Question
New 250 size heli question

Hi all,

Just wanted you opinion on what Im about to do
Id like to make a small step in quality/performance from my Master CP. Even though I absolutely LOVE it I just want something a little more lightweight, and go away from direct drive. So I just started to look around for a good 250 size heli, preferably in a kit with everything included or BNF. Then I realized the following:
From my master, I have:
- 3 cyclic servos with MG (7-7-9 I believe) which have been doing great for a few hours of flight time,
- A 3200kv brushless motor (banggood),
- A 20Amp brushless esc (banggood),
From my 360 CFX, I have:
- A spare tail servo,
From my 550e DFC, I have:
- A spare 3GX fbl unit (running Microbeast on the 550e).

So. Would I be OK with a 250 kit such as the CopterX 250 (flybarless) and a cheap Spektrum receiver, and put all the parts listed above in it????? Getting a whole new heli (and hopefully slightly better performance) for as low as 90-100 euros seems too good to be true lol. Am I missing something?

Thanks!!
zezzz38 is offline Find More Posts by zezzz38
Last edited by zezzz38; Jul 12, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2016, 08:38 AM
Find More Posts by bazsound
United Kingdom, Scotland, Cumbernauld
Joined Jun 2013
798 Posts
Kind of in the same boat as you except im moving up from 100 class (v977)

the copter x kits seem to have good reviews (seem to be better quality than the hk ones)

It was recomended to me in my thread to consider a 450 as theres really not much difference in price .

cheap reciever makes me nervious with anything bigger than a v977, i wouldnt skimp on that.

are yout hinking of taking the components from the master cp and transplant to the copter x?
bazsound is offline Find More Posts by bazsound
Old Jul 12, 2016, 08:58 AM
Joined Jul 2015
98 Posts
Hey

Yes that is exactly what I am thinking of doing (should've explained it better in the OP).
Because I have all those parts available, I wanted to check wether or not it would be a good idea to buy a bare kit, a receiver and that's it! Good to go!

And yes the CopterX kit has had some pretty good reviews...

So people, do y'all tink my project is doable???
Old Jul 12, 2016, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by zadaw
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,505 Posts
The servos on the Master are a size smaller than those used on a 250 clone such as CopterX. It would be better to start with new equipment.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 12, 2016, 09:47 AM
Joined Jul 2015
98 Posts
Oh okay, too bad
I thought the two helis being the exact same size, the servos would match.

Thanks for the advice!

Do you think the ESC, motor and FBL unit I have are worth using for this project? Because if I have to buy everything, it's another story...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by bazsound
United Kingdom, Scotland, Cumbernauld
Joined Jun 2013
798 Posts
dont know if its possible, but you coud do it in stages.

kit plus servos

then the motor

then the fbl system

space is tight in the 250 so i think u need to instalaal the servos as you buid the frame. i think the motor recicer and esc fbl can all bne added once th3 frame is built.

hey now u have a spare heli for when its down
bazsound is offline Find More Posts by bazsound
Old Jul 12, 2016, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zezzz38 View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted you opinion on what I’m about to do…
I’d like to make a small step in quality/performance from my Master CP. Even though I absolutely LOVE it I just want something a little more lightweight, and go away from direct drive. So I just started to look around for a good 250 size heli, preferably in a kit with everything included or BNF. Then I realized the following:
From my master, I have:
- 3 cyclic servos with MG (7-7-9 I believe) which have been doing great for a few hours of flight time,
- A 3200kv brushless motor (banggood),
- A 20Amp brushless esc (banggood),
From my 360 CFX, I have:
- A spare tail servo,
From my 550e DFC, I have:
- A spare 3GX fbl unit (running Microbeast on the 550e).

So……. Would I be OK with a 250 kit such as the CopterX 250 (flybarless) and a cheap Spektrum receiver, and put all the parts listed above in it????? Getting a whole new heli (and hopefully slightly better performance) for as low as 90-100 euros seems too good to be true lol. Am I missing something?

Thanks!!
Your stock servos are 7.6.6 and if you upgraded with wk, the m/g ones are 7.6.9....I had a similar setup with my Master...and since I have the 230S and the align 250 DFC Plus....yes, the Master feels slightly heavier than the Align but imo, the Master, in a crash, the big loss is one of the two upper longer links...in mine, one always flew several meters away....work with your Tx....servo extension, etc...it will feel lighter...in short...you already have a comparable 250 size great heli....of course, your opinion and decisions will be right on the money... I would, slowly, purchase a kit....and the rest as fast as the weather($) permits.....Zadaw's advice is what I would follow....I joined the forum in 2014....two yrs. Into the hobby....man, oh man...did I pay the price of my inexperience!
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Last edited by ChespiIker; Jul 12, 2016 at 07:00 PM.