HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
Joined May 2005
767 Posts
I know the laser cut stuff is great and makes building models a lot faster, but I still prefer to cut out my own pieces and make my own notches. That is half the fun of building kits. I have been collecting the old non-laser Peck kits on ebay for decent prices. I guess I can copy the print wood onto Avery Large Non Permanent label paper and stick that to the balsa. Any way, I am so happy to see Peck Polymers up and running, I used to fly with Bob and Sandy in San Diego years ago before Bob passed. Great people and real strong supporters of the Hobby. I am a little bummed that I can't just drive down the street to Santee and buy supplies directly from them. Oh well life goes on.
scigs30 is offline Find More Posts by scigs30
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2009, 11:15 PM
Joined May 2009
4 Posts
co2 charger

I have a g mot or somthing like that CO2 motor it looks to have a 7" prop or so. my charger has no seal in it because it is old and it detereorated. I have the motor mounted on a Earl Staul plane I built I cant charge the motor and there is nothin available that I am aware of to fix my charger, the charger is for those small CO2 cartriges you can get for bb guns. I am wondering if there is going to be something available to charge my Motor. I did perchase the motor from Peck Pollymers a long time ago. Is CO2 a thing of the past?
cliff9587 is offline Find More Posts by cliff9587
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
Scratch Built.
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
A2ZTim, Thanks for keeping Peck alive.
You have a well rounded offering for model airplanes.
But, IMOHHO, your'e missing something.
I think you should offer Old Timer kits. Like the Playboys, Lanzo Bomber types.
Just my 2cents. thx
Urzandowski is offline Find More Posts by Urzandowski
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:18 AM
Master of the Figure "9"
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2005
1,708 Posts
I'm getting ready to build a J-3 Kitten for indoor r/c. I'm also going to scratch build the J-4 Sportster from the J-3 plans. How about either a J-4 Sportster kit, or add the parts to convert the J-3 Kitten into the J-4 Sportster? The main difference between the two (for this small of a model) is basically the turtle deck on the Sportster.

Lots of good flying ultralight aircraft out there that can be scaled down to small models the size of the J-3 Kitten.

Hogflyer
hogflyer is online now Find More Posts by hogflyer
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:49 AM
Delaware
Joined Aug 2004
413 Posts
How about a old time sailplane like a Playboy or Goldberg Sailplane. 72" or greater wing span. Electric powered. All laser cut. That would be cool.
terry.cx is offline Find More Posts by terry.cx
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:51 PM
Rocky Mountain High and Higher
Joined Jan 2002
877 Posts
Would love to see any old timer catagory models
PROACE is offline Find More Posts by PROACE
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
fix-n-fly
Allen, TX
Joined Jun 2004
41 Posts
I would enjoy seeing a (Sig) Kadet for flying in a gym. I think if the build for this was made easy enough, you could sell quite a few.
fix-n-fly is offline Find More Posts by fix-n-fly
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:23 PM
Joined Aug 2008
490 Posts
The blue foam from Lowes is very popular with my flying friends. There is a lot of kits that you can download for free but by the time you have kinkos make you full size copy's it gets a little costly. One of my friends made a 1/8" plywood cut outs from one of the plans. The cutouts work great and makes life easy and fun when cutting out the blue foam. It also saves me from having to cut up the plans. If you could make the plywood cutouts I am sure they would be popular.
omnicomps is offline Find More Posts by omnicomps