HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2005
173 Posts
Crazt Nut Racing steel rotor

Can anyone tell me if this rotor will work with the stock brake set up? I know the steel rotor on Internet RC says it needs special pads to go along with it. Also is it a good improvement over stock brakes? Heres a link:

CNR Steel Rotor
edv2122 is offline Find More Posts by edv2122
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:47 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,321 Posts
It'll be a direct swap for the NF fibre or steel disc. Fits right with the existing caliper system no worries.

However on John Veals website it says: "aluminium discs from CNR seem to wear fairly quick, Deans disc is almost worn through!"

Maybe you should just go for the internet rc disc.

Ian
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:48 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
Yeah, those will work and it should come with the pads.

Lorenzo
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2005
173 Posts
Has the Internet RC Disc gotten a better review? Is it a noticable improvement over the stock fiber disc?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo_MiniGP
Yeah, those will work and it should come with the pads.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo have yor tried CNR rotor? I don't know which one to get, CNR or Internet RC set up?

Edit: Is the Internet RC rotor worth the double price of the CNR rotor being the pads are extra on the Internet RC disc?
Last edited by edv2122; Jan 18, 2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:59 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
The rotors are the same, unfortunately they both wear. I have gone through 2 rotors since my first nitro bike and I run my bike very, very often. If you just run it every now and again then you should be fine. They are basically exactly the same..

The first rotor was from Internet-rc and the second from CNR and they both wear, but I don't think one lasted longer then the other?

Lorenzo
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo_MiniGP
The rotors are the same, unfortunately they both wear. I have gone through 2 rotors since my first nitro bike and I run my bike very, very often. If you just run it every now and again then you should be fine. They are basically exactly the same..

Lorenzo
Thanks. I will try the CNR rotor. Hopefully they will come with the pads cause I called CNR and can't get a hold of anyone to ask there.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:06 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,321 Posts
If the CNR rotor comes with the pads let me know! I'll try them out too.

The description does not say whether they come with the pads or not, so I am unsure. Also there is no picture of the pads. And Dave is usually good about telling you exactly what you're paying for.

Ian
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Jan 18, 2005, 01:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg
If the CNR rotor comes with the pads let me know! I'll try them out too.

The description does not say whether they come with the pads or not, so I am unsure. Also there is no picture of the pads. And Dave is usually good about telling you exactly what you're paying for.

Ian
I ordered the rotor so I will PM ya when I get it to let you know what it comes with if anything. Also if you click on the description for the rotor there is a picture of it toward the middle of the page. Looks nice.