SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:48 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Hey guys,

Here's a new video from the weekend of my red and black Sbach. Thanks to Nac for filming. Thanks also to my camera mounted on my tripod for doing some of the filming .

I love this Sbach. It's definitely one of my favourites. It looks great and it is really easy to fly .

Future Model 47" Scale Sbach 342 EPP - Fun Times with the Sbach (4 min 3 sec)
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:15 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Hey guys,

Here's a new video from the weekend of my red and black Sbach. Thanks to Nac for filming. Thanks also to my camera mounted on my tripod for doing some of the filming .

I love this Sbach. It's definitely one of my favourites. It looks great and it is really easy to fly .

https://vimeo.com/59830307
This thing sure looks like a good flying plane. And I agree, it looks just fine in the air with the wire gear.Nice job guy's.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:23 PM
United States, PA, Catawissa
Joined Jul 2011
360 Posts
Hey guys, i have one up for sale
rc4u is offline Find More Posts by rc4u
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:13 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Wire landing gear is now available at BVRC: http://www.bestvaluerc.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=398
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Maidened mine today. Overall it flies nicely: harriers well, KE's well, KE spins very well, hovers very well. The only negative is the huge ailerons do seem to suffer from a bit of blowback at high speeds. I couldn't get a good rotation going into a pop top, so they just fizzled out. It definitely is more docile than the Skywing/Wattaplane Edge 540T.

Here's my 3rd flight:
Future Model Sbach Maiden Day - Flight 3 (5 min 58 sec)

I got a little too comfortable with my last pack and was doing a tight KE circuit around the heli pad too low to the ground to compensate for the downwind turn. I caught the wingtip and plopped it on its head - detached the top of the rudder and scuffed up the top of the cowl and canopy, broke the prop as well. All's been repaired, and it's ready for next weekend.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:50 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,343 Posts
Mine is balanced once again. It has been tail heavy ever since I bolted on the Xoar prop and lighter E-spinner. I had to shift my RX and ESC as far forward as I could get them and add a heavier spinner nut under the larger spinner. It worked! I can't really do the battery ramp without moving my ESC somewhere else so I'm glad that's worked out.
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:14 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Nice flying Jboy. I agree that this plane is more docile than the Skywing Edge and in fact I really like that aspect of this plane. It's a very relaxing plane to fly and I enjoy it a lot . What servos are you using that are giving you some aileron blowback?

SDOne, I relocated my ESC to do the ramp mod. Initially I felt like I couldn't be bothered but I am glad that I did go to the trouble, since I can now easily get the plane to balance to my liking without needing to use spinners at all. I also had to cut away some foam inside the cowl to make room for the ESC under the motor cage.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:37 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Nice flying Jboy. I agree that this plane is more docile than the Skywing Edge and in fact I really like that aspect of this plane. It's a very relaxing plane to fly and I enjoy it a lot . What servos are you using that are giving you some aileron blowback?
Thanks. I'm using Hitec HS-65mg servos operating at 6v (travel set at 150% on the radio). I may try going to smaller servo control arms for less throw - have it maxed out to the limits of the hinge bevels at the moment.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:48 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
The ailerons are very responsive, so I'd suggest that you reduce the aileron throws. With my current long servo arms I can get 140% of travel but I backed them off to 110% and find it's still pretty good.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Practicing a short field landing technique which didn't work out too well for the gear. Looking forward to getting those wire landing gears from bestvaluerc.

Sbach Pancake (3 min 27 sec)

Actually...was practicing torque rolls rather than fighting them all the time. I'm not too comfortable with the orientation changes yet - probably should be practicing with a little more altitude.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
New landing style?
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:22 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Lookin' good..... then splat .
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:47 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Hey guys,

Take a look at this beauty. It's a Future Model 48" scale Katana EPP. More info here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1851356
Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:14 PM
f3p
Joined Apr 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Practicing a short field landing technique which didn't work out too well for the gear. Looking forward to getting those wire landing gears from bestvaluerc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTkXUREh-Kg

Actually...was practicing torque rolls rather than fighting them all the time. I'm not too comfortable with the orientation changes yet - probably should be practicing with a little more altitude.
Very nice landing:D
f3p is offline Find More Posts by f3p
Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:16 PM
f3p
Joined Apr 2013
9 Posts
Very nice landing :D
f3p is offline Find More Posts by f3p