SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:03 AM
CrashTest Dummy
Forney, Texas
Joined May 2002
86 Posts
Discussion
Shipping fees seem high

Appears they are supplementing their product pricing by inflating the UPS prices? I spec'd an order for two profile EPP planes, a few servos, motor and ESC. Total $128 and they wanted $28 to ship. Same order spec'd at a competitor was $15 to ship. Anyone else had a problem or is their are plausible explanation?
racerp51 is offline Find More Posts by racerp51
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
375 Posts
I was told by management that the shipping rates was increased that is why the shipping cost cost more now, we are trying to sign up with another shipping courier that will offer us more competitive rates. In the mean time the only courier that we have is UPS.
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
[QUOTE=racerp51;23499914]Appears they are supplementing their product pricing by inflating the UPS prices? I spec'd an order for two profile EPP planes, a few servos, motor and ESC. Total $128 and they wanted $28 to ship. Same order spec'd at a competitor was $15 to ship. Anyone else had a problem or is their are plausible explanation?[/QUO

I like NP but their yelling sale then increasing shipping to make up for the difference by taking off the front end pricing then adding it to to backend pricing, which is the shipping, UPS wouldn't dare risk raising rates on a company with such volume that 's suicide on their part. Truth is their is no sale just gimmicks, three way mirrors, And illusions.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; Dec 12, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Aug 2012
116 Posts
Shipping costs, not only from NP, but other vendors as well, have been keeping me from purchasing a few planes I want. I've had a plane in my NP cart now for a few days, but can't justify paying $36 shipping for a $139 plane. I do seem to make more purchases from another vendor that offers free shipping on orders over $100, and I can always get a 10% off code from them
flameout00 is offline Find More Posts by flameout00
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Aug 2012
116 Posts
I know this is beating a dead horse, but are the shipping charges actually what UPS/USPS is charging? On facebook today NitroPlanes posted that F4E and I immediately wanted it (I worked on F4E's while in the AIr Force in the 70's)

Put in in my cart, went to checkout and saw $46.47 for shipping! Needless to say, this plane won't be purchased anytime soon
flameout00 is offline Find More Posts by flameout00
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, FL, Perry
Joined Mar 2011
475 Posts
$13.55 shipping for a $3.00 replacment prop !
FLYBOB54 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOB54
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,122 Posts
Bait & switch

Bait & switch
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:22 AM
CrashTest Dummy
Forney, Texas
Joined May 2002
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameout00 View Post
I know this is beating a dead horse, but are the shipping charges actually what UPS/USPS is charging? On facebook today NitroPlanes posted that F4E and I immediately wanted it (I worked on F4E's while in the AIr Force in the 70's)

Put in in my cart, went to checkout and saw $46.47 for shipping! Needless to say, this plane won't be purchased anytime soon
I don't have first hand knowledge of NP's rate scale but I would say absolutely not. Large scale shippers like NP get much better rates than we spare individuals. I asked if the shipping fee is based on the total order amount or on weight and did not get an answer. UPS does charge more for oversize boxes regardless of weight but the plane I ordered is only 35" span. IMHO they are low balling the price and making it up on the shipping. It might be time to start shopping at the LHS again. We need those guys to stay in business too.
racerp51 is offline Find More Posts by racerp51
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Dec 2009
139 Posts
Interesting how we haven't seen a reply from the vendor on this post.

I've been running into the same issue. I used to buy tons from them throughout the year... but now I've noticed its been less and less due to shipping. These type of shipping charges are not right. Especially if a one just needs to pick up some spare parts or a few extra batteries. (Although I've noticed more and more that I can never find things in stock with them...)

NP and HP.... you all can do better on this. I know many many more individuals that would return to your storefront. I've bought tons of products from you all and have "always" had great service.
bamiller is offline Find More Posts by bamiller
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Mar 2003
9,122 Posts
China labor

The country is going thru labor & materials greediness. Just like any other country.

Every bussiness person wants as much money in as short a time period as possible.

That is the bussiness model we have been teaching at ALL bussiness courses.

Hey ! It is finally working all around the world.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Mar 2003
9,122 Posts
Now you know why I only buy from BP Hobbies..............All E RC...........Graves.

Large or small items.

A lot of non American retailers believe Americans will pay whatever price they post.

Dummy time is over for many of us.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:38 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
Now you know why I only buy from BP Hobbies..............All E RC...........Graves.

Large or small items.

A lot of non American retailers believe Americans will pay whatever price they post.

Dummy time is over for many of us.
+1 You hit it on the nose
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
The country is going thru labor & materials greediness. Just like any other country.

Every bussiness person wants as much money in as short a time period as possible.

That is the bussiness model we have been teaching at ALL bussiness courses.

Hey ! It is finally working all around the world.
You do realize that Nitro Planes is in California and not China? Actually they operate under many different names such as XHeli and Hobbypartz and others, but are all U.S. companies operating out of Cali.

It's just the terrible customer service and shipping gimmicks that make them appear to be a Chinese company.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States, IA, Coralville
Joined Jun 2012
182 Posts
A guy could make a fortune by being the middle man and picking up the purchased models from their factory in Cali and charging shipping +5% to send them to the purchasers.

I thought about that with Hobby King as well. I'm trying to find someone I know in the area of their USA warehouse that could pick up a couple of planes for me and ship them reasonably.
Dpetsel is offline Find More Posts by Dpetsel
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
I was told by management that the shipping rates was increased that is why the shipping cost cost more now, we are trying to sign up with another shipping courier that will offer us more competitive rates. In the mean time the only courier that we have is UPS.
Truth is your company is in financial trouble, In these lean economic times you should explain this to your loyal customers as well as appeal for our help. Im sure then we all would understand and help you get back up on your feet. This way you can pay FMS back so you can start reselling for them again.