HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:24 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve View Post
I finally did the maiden flight on mine this morning and It was great! This thing is super fast!

Here's my setup:

Detrum 40a ESC
Turnigy 3s 2200mah 60-120c
6x4R prop
D2826-6 2200kv

For the Z-84, it look like the Turnigy D2826-6 2200kv/6x4 Prop on a 3S battery is the max bang for your buck for speed, with this plane.

Can this combo support a 4S battery and do you get that much more speed out of it?

Thanks,
-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:42 AM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
For the Z-84, it look like the Turnigy D2826-6 2200kv/6x4 Prop on a 3S battery is the max bang for your buck for speed, with this plane.

Can this combo support a 4S battery and do you get that much more speed out of it?

Thanks,
-mike-
The motor is rated at 2s-3s (7.4v-11.1v) so I don't know that it could handle a 4s. I've never tried it so I don't know for sure though..
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:45 PM
Joined Jan 2014
28 Posts
Rc : Rc plane Homemade X8 skywalker 2300mm wing the biggest!!! (3 min 35 sec)
crost is offline Find More Posts by crost
Old Sep 15, 2014, 04:56 AM
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Jun 2013
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post

Thanks,
-mike-
Iīm flying my Wing Z-84 with this HK 3000 Kv motor (http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...00KV_755W.html) with 4S 1300 NanoTech and a 5 x 5 prop.

Incredible Speed and fun! But aslo with 3S and the already mentioned D2826-6 2200kv you can have fun with this wing. See the maiden here:

wingZ84 (3 min 17 sec)
rembrand320 is offline Find More Posts by rembrand320
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:50 PM
Joined Jun 2010
120 Posts
Maiden flight for my Wingwing today, what a blast! Hand launched with throttle set at about 50% and away she went. After the maiden I trimmed the canopy spine and velcroed on a Mobius - the extra weight seems make no difference

Flew for 7 minutes on a pack and put around 1000mAh back so just about 80%

HK 24g 3000Kv motor
1300mAh 3S battery
40A ESC (The meter says 260W / 23A)
TGS 4.75*4.75 prop

400g AUW

I really like my Wingwing
rcH4x0r is offline Find More Posts by rcH4x0r
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:05 PM
Joined Mar 2014
49 Posts
anyone put auto pilot like apm or something else?
want to buy this wing wing, but have no experienced in fixed wing..
want to build it for slow-relaxing fpv fliying in afternoon/morning
johanhoahm is offline Find More Posts by johanhoahm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanhoahm View Post
Yea but your better just getting a gyro stabiliser like the orange one and keeping the plane as light as possible then it should just float around. Something like a 1300 2s and a 10g outrunner
geofrancis is online now Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:33 PM
Joined Mar 2014
49 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
Yea but your better just getting a gyro stabiliser like the orange one and keeping the plane as light as possible then it should just float around. Something like a 1300 2s and a 10g outrunner
my local store have this plane PNP, what do you think about stock motors?
can it fly well using apm?

NB: i am very new in fixed wing, just play in simulator,, but experienced in multirotor
johanhoahm is offline Find More Posts by johanhoahm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 01:38 PM
Fix it till its broke!
Joined Feb 2010
968 Posts
Quote:
my local store have this plane PNP, what do you think about stock motors?
can it fly well using apm?

NB: i am very new in fixed wing, just play in simulator,, but experienced in multirotor
it flies fine with an apm its just a struggle to get it all in the plane of your wanting apm, power module, osd, gps,
Old Today, 07:28 AM
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Jun 2013
96 Posts
pusher prop requiered?

Hi guys,

I crashed my Z-84 last weekend. After my prop broke during a landing, I replaced it with the prop (6x4) from my Bixler.

During the next flight at approximately 120 mph this prop exploded more or less! I donīt know why but I assume that this prop wasnīt balanced so the internal vibrations have been the cause. Result: Lipo + Receiver went out of the fuselage, were never seen again, fuselage and canopy sailed down to earth with no further damages.

Now my question:
Is it necessary to have a pusher prop or is it also possible to use a "normal" prop and reverse the motor. So I did in the past and the performanc was great (3000 KV motor, 6x4 prop, 50 AMP ESC, NanoTechs 1300, 45-90)

Best regards,

Uwe
Old Today, 07:34 AM
Fix it till its broke!
Joined Feb 2010
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrand320 View Post
Hi guys,

I crashed my Z-84 last weekend. After my prop broke during a landing, I replaced it with the prop (6x4) from my Bixler.

During the next flight at approximately 120 mph this prop exploded more or less! I donīt know why but I assume that this prop wasnīt balanced so the internal vibrations have been the cause. Result: Lipo + Receiver went out of the fuselage, were never seen again, fuselage and canopy sailed down to earth with no further damages.

Now my question:
Is it necessary to have a pusher prop or is it also possible to use a "normal" prop and reverse the motor. So I did in the past and the performanc was great (3000 KV motor, 6x4 prop, 50 AMP ESC, NanoTechs 1300, 45-90)

Best regards,

Uwe

A prop that's overstressed will normally start turning white where it joins to the hub before it breaks apart. This can be caused either by too high RPM or just impact damage from landing.
Old Today, 07:56 AM
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Jun 2013
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
This can be caused either by too high RPM or just impact damage from landing.
As I said: I flew the old prob with this high RPM many times but I broke it during landing. Then I have replaced the broken prob with a new one from my Bixler which was also a 6x4.
Old Today, 12:29 PM
Fix it till its broke!
Joined Feb 2010
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rembrand320 View Post
As I said: I flew the old prob with this high RPM many times but I broke it during landing. Then I have replaced the broken prob with a new one from my Bixler which was also a 6x4.
Yea but with the z84 you land on the prop causing stress.