HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:13 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
If one raises and one falls then check and make sure your servo's arent reversed Have you removed the the servo that falls and checked the little teeth on all of the gears? Its hard to check the teeth under the gear that moves the servo arm. Those broke on mine. To have them go in reverse is odd. Maybe the wires to your servo is cut and touching something. My heli was acting strange and I had found a tiny piece of solder touching two pins on a microchip on the RX
I don't think that applies as what he is saying is that the receiver causes the servos to move in an incorrect Manor when the receiver is tightened down due to vibration.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
... I am going to glue a carbon rod from the top servo mount to the back of the rx. I just will make sure that the carbon rod doesnt touch any solder points.
It sounds like you already know CF is electrically conductive. Maybe a wooden toothpick might be an electrically safer choice?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Reposting my cry of help from helifreak

I have next to 0 experience in electronics and anything related!
Well, my board is still bad, so I got myself a multimeter and tried doing resistance checks on everything on the board, trying to find anything that doesn't respond. Don't ask me why, just an idea I had and not sure if what I found actually means anything!

Here are pics from each board side with the little thingys (dunno the name) that "failed" the resistance checks.

Questions:
- Does this mean anything?
- If I have in fact found the problem. Are these parts replaceable? What are their names and what should I look for? Don't tell me to look at radio shack or something like that because I live in Brazil, and, well, I dunno where to look for this stuff around here but I'll sure find it if I look enough.
- Tips on replacing them? Please? Pretty please?

ps: I have another board on mail coming from china, but it sure as hell is taking it's time to get here.
DantHimself is offline Find More Posts by DantHimself
Last edited by DantHimself; Nov 09, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantHimself View Post

Well, my board is still bad, so I got myself a multimeter and tried doing resistance checks on everything on the board, trying to find anything that doesn't respond. Don't ask me why, just an idea I had and not sure if what I found actually means anything!

Here are pics from each board side with the little thingys (dunno the name) that "failed" the resistance checks.

Questions:
- If I have in fact found the problem. Are these parts replaceable? What are their names and what should I look for? Don't tell me to look at radio shack or something like that because I live in Brazil, and, well, I dunno where to look for this stuff around here but I'll sure find it if I look enough.

ps: I have another board on mail coming from china, but it sure as hell is taking it's time to get here.
What is it that your heli is not doing?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
What is it that your heli is not doing?
the right servo is going full left when I start the engine. I know it is not a servo problem because if I swap the servo connections around the problem follows.
And that is about the only thing I'm 100% sure about. Just before that I had a not-so-bad frontal crash.
Inspecting the board I can't see any cracks so I'm imagining something got damaged on the crash, somehow.
Sometimes the servo goes full left and stays there, only going down when I stop the engine and gently touch the board. Sometimes the right servo is just very twitchy like it wants to go full left but changes it's mind midway there repeatedly.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Quote:

Questions:

If you have bought from a vendor in Hong Kong or China, they may be willing to send the board to Walkera for repair for you. Walkera has a free repair service for receivers and it does not matter whether it is a warranty issue or not. The turnaround time is around 4 weeks and I must have had up to 20 receivers repaired this way. However, you have to go through a vendor.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
If you have bought from a vendor in Hong Kong or China, they may be willing to send the board to Walkera for repair for you. Walkera has a free repair service for receivers and it does not matter whether it is a warranty issue or not. The turnaround time is around 4 weeks and I must have had up to 20 receivers repaired this way. However, you have to go through a vendor.
I did buy from a vendor in Hong Kong, but the 4 weeks turnaround is the killer, I hoping I can learn about this so I can do it myself. Even if takes a lot more, I enjoy learning.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Are you running a brush less setup? If so check the servo wires. I had one that was resting on the motor and was stripped of the protective plastic.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Are you running a brush less setup? If so check the servo wires. I had one that was resting on the motor and was stripped of the protective plastic.
Everything stock. It is just 8 flights old
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Everything stock. It is just 8 flights old
Which TX do you have? Try setting up a new model on your TX and see if that fixes it. You could have accidentally built in a mix on the TX on whatever channel that servo is on. I'm kinda throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Which TX do you have? Try setting up a new model on your TX and see if that fixes it. You could have accidentally built in a mix on the TX on whatever channel that servo is on. I'm kinda throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks.
Will try that as soon as I get home! So the fact that some little thingies on the board didn't respond to the resistance checks really means nothing?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Will try that as soon as I get home! So the fact that some little thingies on the board didn't respond to the resistance checks really means nothing?
Not everything is a resistor on these boards. I didn't check your pics but some things could be transistors which are little one way switches. Did you check them from both directions, reversing polarity?

There is a gentleman here, zzyyxx I believe is his name who does or at least did do Mini CP board repair. If you still have the issue you could PM him. First I would try consulting with Walkera though. You could still have a warranty issue. Unfortunately, their turnaround time is 4-6 weeks from what I've seen.

I'm still relatively new myself so I don't have all the answers yet either so please take my advice with that in mind.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Not everything is a resistor on these boards. I didn't check your pics but some things could be transistors which are little one way switches. Did you check them from both directions, reversing polarity?

There is a gentleman here, zzyyxx I believe is his name who does or at least did do Mini CP board repair. If you still have the issue you could PM him. First I would try consulting with Walkera though. You could still have a warranty issue. Unfortunately, their turnaround time is 4-6 weeks from what I've seen.

I'm still relatively new myself so I don't have all the answers yet either so please take my advice with that in mind.
Hum...yes I did resistance check everything from both ways. Some only responded in one way so I assumed their were bad, others didn't respond in neither. This explains why. I will re-check everything anyway. I did PM him last week, still no response, he must be busy
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:00 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have seen you mention the Walkera/vendor repair service before. It seems like that is only an option for some. I have a Devo8s that has a screen issue and the vendor, Helipal, said I need to send to Walkera. Walkera won't respond. I then contact Helipal about this and now they won't respond.
I have a master CP that the RX will not accept fixed ID so the RX has an issue. I contacted the vendor who said they would contact Walkera, but I am still waiting for some response from them after 2 weeks.
It may be if you live in HK or China that you get this service, but I am not so sure now about the rest of the world.
I do like Walkera products as I have 5 helis and 3 transmitters, but their warranty repair sucks.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have seen you mention the Walkera/vendor repair service before. It seems like that is only an option for some. I have a Devo8s that has a screen issue and the vendor, Helipal, said I need to send to Walkera. Walkera won't respond. I then contact Helipal about this and now they won't respond.
I have a master CP that the RX will not accept fixed ID so the RX has an issue. I contacted the vendor who said they would contact Walkera, but I am still waiting for some response from them after 2 weeks.
It may be if you live in HK or China that you get this service, but I am not so sure now about the rest of the world.
I do like Walkera products as I have 5 helis and 3 transmitters, but their warranty repair sucks.
Here is a thread here by someone who had exactly the same problem as you. He bought a Devo 8S from Helipal, and managed to get the transmitter fixed by Walkera directly. Perhaps you could contact him for details.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=455107

There are often problems in shipping electronic items back to China. Sometimes, the items even get taxed. That is why many vendors are reluctant to ship items back to China. We cannot get direct service from HH either and the vendors are reluctant to send things back to them. That is why many brands have a big advantage in their primary market.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw