HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:19 PM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
892 Posts
Hobby Zone DDVP Tail Motor

i am looking for a hobby zone DDVP brushless tail motor setup made for the BSR a few years ago, if you have one that you might be willing to part with please PM me, thanks!
WhiteCloud is online now Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:49 AM
Meridian, MS
Joined Apr 2007
196 Posts
You might want to consider what I'm about to do. Buy an hk250 kit for $38 and move electronics over. Cheaper than a tail mod and gets rid of the mushy head as well.
jimw1956 is offline Find More Posts by jimw1956
Old Oct 18, 2014, 07:00 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
You might want to consider what I'm about to do. Buy an hk250 kit for $38 and move electronics over. Cheaper than a tail mod and gets rid of the mushy head as well.
Thats a good idea. SR has complete rc gear dump the lump rest of SR.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:09 PM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
892 Posts
actually, i like the way my BSR flys, it is easily controlled, fairly tame by some CP standards and with me only doing sport flying it is not to bad, the only 2 things that i can see that are problem areas are the swashplate and tail motor and both of these things can be fixed fairly easily. i don't want to convert a 3D machine into a gentle machine, its easier making a gentle machine into a better gentle machine.

when i bought the BSR i knew what i was getting into, i was actually surprised on how well it does fit my style of flying considering all the negative press i have read about. i wanted a gentle "old school" flybar style heli and the BSR is exactly that. the tail motor is the only thing that i haven't decided on what i want to do with it yet, my choices are belt, DDVP or leave it as it is (so far i haven't had a tail motor burn out yet, knock on wood ), i am going "full metal jacket", swashplate, rotor head, grips and flybar control frame, add another shim and different rubber "O" ring to the head, put a gel pad under gyro and i will have what i consider the perfect "old school" sport flyer's heli
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,640 Posts
You like the SR thats great. you have a plan and happy thats name of game. I got my Honey Bee king 2 going. This bird has belt tail and divot is brushed motor. that said it flys fine. Flys better than my UH-1 Huey SR. Plus have E-sky bl motor for it and bl esc. I will convert it soon. Old school fly-barded 300 sized bird. I can fly Huey but controls are inferior to HB-K2. The K-2 has no motor for tail big plus.
Plus for SR is I see many forsale. Good parts base as ones i have seen all are damaged. Best with your SR[s] have fun.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
370 Posts
I am a little confused on those Honey Bee's, they have so many different models
They look like really nice Helis too! Have thought about adding one to my
collection. I had ordered some parts from Skylartec because the belt conversion
for the SR uses HB tail components, and by the way they have super great shipping
and help support there. But I do like those HB Helis... they look like good choppers!
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by train06 View Post
I am a little confused on those Honey Bee's, they have so many different models
They look like really nice Helis too! Have thought about adding one to my
collection. I had ordered some parts from Skylartec because the belt conversion
for the SR uses HB tail components, and by the way they have super great shipping
and help support there. But I do like those HB Helis... they look like good choppers!
definetly look interesting, not to expensive ethier, might add one to my air force
Old Today, 06:42 AM
Meridian, MS
Joined Apr 2007
196 Posts
I bought my SR for $50 and probably have another $60 in parts at this point. I've tried all the mods to get rid of the tail wag with some improvement but not acceptable results. I fixed the last crash but afterwards discovered a small crack in the frame where the boom mounts. Epoxies it temporarily but just think if I have to disassemble to replace frame, I'll just build the hk250 instead. Regarding the honeybees I have a Belt CP that I recently had a friend switch over to my futaba transmitter. It was 72 mhz and the gear was flaky. I think it will be an ok heli once I get a heading hold gyro on it, it came with a cheap rate gyro. My best flying larger than micro sized heli at this point is an older Walkera V400d02 flybarless. Brushed main and tail but it is stable, gentle and the tail is fine for what I do. After a full battery both motors are barely warm.
jimw1956 is offline Find More Posts by jimw1956
Old Today, 11:03 AM
I've got a Heli hankering
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
I bought my SR for $50 and probably have another $60 in parts at this point. I've tried all the mods to get rid of the tail wag with some improvement but not acceptable results. I fixed the last crash but afterwards discovered a small crack in the frame where the boom mounts. Epoxies it temporarily but just think if I have to disassemble to replace frame, I'll just build the hk250 instead. Regarding the honeybees I have a Belt CP that I recently had a friend switch over to my futaba transmitter. It was 72 mhz and the gear was flaky. I think it will be an ok heli once I get a heading hold gyro on it, it came with a cheap rate gyro. My best flying larger than micro sized heli at this point is an older Walkera V400d02 flybarless. Brushed main and tail but it is stable, gentle and the tail is fine for what I do. After a full battery both motors are barely warm.
I put a GY48 gyro on one of my helis, in low rate its a bit twitchy, but high rate holds much better!
Flip your tail motor....mine run considerably cooler!
The other one has the stock gyro, and holds pretty good, abet will take a notion to twitch for just a second....it takes some fiddling to get em to calm down in the tail with the stock 110, but it does hold lots better with some fiddling....
train06 is online now Find More Posts by train06