New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by sneasle
War Eagle!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2006
2,978 Posts
Metal screws in plastic are usually only good to about 5-10 cycles before the plastic has been deformed enough that they will no longer bite.

It may not be worth it when the t-slot nuts can be purchased for reasonable prices. It's a trade off, and you can always pass the decision to the customer.

I guess it also depends on what you intend your distribution model to be here. I had assumed your aim was to supply the parts that people _could not_ easily source on their own. If that is indeed the case, the t-slot nuts shouldn't be an item that you need to worry about.
sneasle is offline Find More Posts by sneasle
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2015, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by astropuppy
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
181 Posts
I bought my Adjusto Jig in the early 1990's. As I recall the jig with the fuselage pieces sold for around $100, can anybody confirm or deny my vague memory?
astropuppy is online now Find More Posts by astropuppy
Old May 08, 2015, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by 2michaely
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Jul 2013
147 Posts
Ajust o jig's ad in the july 1990 issue of RCM has the price for the wing jig at $80 and the full house (w/ fuselage pieces) at $90

... I've seen them resale now at around $130 to $150 plus shipping and the full jig weighs about 8 pounds

Michael
2michaely is online now Find More Posts by 2michaely
Old May 08, 2015, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by astropuppy
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
181 Posts
Thanks for looking the price up Michael. My memory is better then I remembered it being

As soon as I find a box to ship it in, I'll be posting mine in the classifieds for a reasonable price.
astropuppy is online now Find More Posts by astropuppy