SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2014, 06:41 AM
Joined Jan 2013
808 Posts
Discussion
Power Tools and Radio interference ?

Power Tools and Radio interference ? is there a link ? we have workmen renovating the house next door and ever since it started I've been getting some weird effects on both Hisky and Skyartec heli's , this morning i narrowly avoided being hit in the face ,I'd landed and my wasp was just spooling down when it launched up at full pitch , i suspected a servo but nothing was wrong ? and i had an hcp80 just repeatedly heel over and dive at the ground while flying but when testing there was nothing to see ,so i has wondering if it was linked to power tools ?
dadio is online now Find More Posts by dadio
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2014, 07:46 AM
Joined Dec 2009
239 Posts
Its not impossible, power tools do tend to relese alot of rf. But the frequency is usualy mutch lower, like few KHz at most. messing with a 2.4GHz link would be strange, but not unthinkable. you dont by chance have accsess to a GHz level scope? would be interesting. I cant test it sadly my scope only has 200Mhz bandwith.
IM back! is offline Find More Posts by IM back!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 07:58 AM
Joined Jan 2013
808 Posts
No scope I wonder if this could justify ..... No i just don't need one !,i have a basic rf meter but it's only for testing car remote alarm fob's so has no frequency read out just good ,low or replace battery so not much use for this.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 08:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,622 Posts
I don't know about power tools but my neighbor had a wireless router near her window and I couldn't fly anywhere near her house without my motor cutting out or the servos acting strangely. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was. I had to be in close proximity to her house though.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2013
808 Posts
I have and always have had a wireless router on the front windowsill ,it's never been an issue and there's nobody living next door yet so no router either ,I'll probably never find out ,another thing that can be on 2.4G can be those wireless door bell buttons ,they are pretty common round here and I've heard of them affecting car alarm's .